Kawasaki vs briggs

/ Kawasaki vs briggs #31  
So with all of the manufacturers making different "grades" of engines... kohler's "courage" and "command" line, or briggs' "intek", "i/c", and vanguard", I would have to imagine the kawasaki does the same thing. I always just hear people refer to them as kawasaki without specifying which line. There are multiple lines, right?

/ Kawasaki vs briggs #32  
Are Kawasaki and Briggs priced the same? I have had many Briggs over the years with almost no problems. In the late 90's I had a Craftsman push mower that wore out its self propelled gear train so I bought a Honda since everyone said they were great. Worst engine I have ever owned, and the only one that actually had to go back to the shop. Got rid of it when the warranty expired and have all Briggs now with excellent luck - 2 cheapo JD riders. The old one did need a new spark plug in its 11th season.

/ Kawasaki vs briggs #33  
mikehaugen said:
So with all of the manufacturers making different "grades" of engines... kohler's "courage" and "command" line, or briggs' "intek", "i/c", and vanguard", I would have to imagine the kawasaki does the same thing. I always just hear people refer to them as kawasaki without specifying which line. There are multiple lines, right?

Yes... Kawasaki has different lines of engines too. I believe all of theirs start with "F" and the letter(s) after that designates which line it is.

/ Kawasaki vs briggs #35  
The OP was asking about the Husqvarna yth18k46, which has an 18 HP Kawasaki FR (R is for residential) line of engine.

Anyone have any more comments on this mower specifically or the FR Kawasaki engines in general? I'm also looking at this Husqvarna mower...

Cheers,
G