Keep Getting Logged Out

/ Keep Getting Logged Out #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
I have had a problem getting logged off without doing it myself. Once logged in I start reading the various posts. Eventually I come to one I'd like to reply to. I click on reply and the screen says I have to logged in to reply. I had not logged off so how did I get logged off? This has happened numerous times over the last several weeks. Is there some new time limit or something or just a new glitch in the system.

George

/ Keep Getting Logged Out #2  
It happens to me too, from time to time. I posted about it here too. The most intelligent answer I got was my cookies must be stale. Good luck on your quest for an answer.

/ Keep Getting Logged Out #3  
I've not had it very often, but occasionally it happens. I do periodically just delete all cookies, temporary files, and history in my computer and start over.

/ Keep Getting Logged Out
Bill, Bird and Cliff,

Yes I use XP and IE as a browser. I delete cookies, temp files and clear history every time I bring up the browser and before I log into TBN and again when I log out. Also have antivirus and firewall programs running and scan weekly for viruses. I have been online for a couple hours now reading posts and haven't got logged out yet. It seems to be an intermittent thing and today (so far) its working like it should. Guess I'll just put up with it if it happens again.

George

/ Keep Getting Logged Out #6  
I have found that if I disable scripting, I get randomly logged out of TBN.

To find out if yours is disabled, open the tools menu, go to internet_options. Open the security tab and click on custom button. This brings up a list of individual features of IE you can turn on or off.

The second major heading from the bottom is scripting. The first item in that list is "Active scripting." Is that enabled? If not, you will get randomly logged off. Took me quite a while to figure this out.

May or may not be your problem.

Cliff

/ Keep Getting Logged Out #8  
Also, remember what you were doing when you got logged out. I know it may SEEM random, but try to take note of what page you were on, what page you went to, and if there was any unusual banner ads running (we've had some banner problems, and if they're trying to set cookies, that might have a hand in it.)

Other than that, think about what other programs you run. Popup blockers (or toolbars the do that) might ALSO have something that tries to "help protect you" and really deletes cookies or something.

We don't really use any scripting to keep you logged in, so that shouldn't be it. So we really need a bit more info before we can make a diagnosis.

-Ibrahim

/ Keep Getting Logged Out
Ibrahim,
I'll try to note where I am, what page I'm on etc. if it happens again. I usually close all other programs (except the firewall and antivirus) before I log in. I see no banner ads running when it happens. The past couple days since I posted this query i've had no problem. I have replied to many posts without problem. Maybe it was a fluke thing on my end for a few days. I'll let you know if it continues.
Thanks,
George

/ Keep Getting Logged Out #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We don't really use any scripting to keep you logged in, so that shouldn't be it. So we really need a bit more info before we can make a diagnosis.
-Ibrahim )</font>

If that's true, why do I get logged off at random times if scripting is turned off?

Try it yourself and see. Within a half hour you will suddenly find yourself logged off if scripting is turned off. Honest.

Cliff