Ken-Bar Mountaineer HELP?

/ Ken-Bar Mountaineer HELP? #1  

nathan8804

Does anyone out there own a mountaineer or know someone who does? I have looked everywhere to find reviews on this unit and I have had no luck. I know the specs and have seen it on the net. However, I have yet to see one up close. What are you opinions of the unit if you have experienced it. I am considering a gator, mule, or pro hauler however the horse power and power lift for the price of the mountineer can't be beat. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ken-Bar Mountaineer HELP?
No one has replied to my post. I ask that please reply if you have any information on the mountaineer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Ken-Bar Mountaineer HELP? #3  
Nathan,
I am not familiar with the Mountaineer. I am sure, if any of the members are, they will speak up when they see your post.

/ Ken-Bar Mountaineer HELP? #6  
Nathan, back in February I entered a post similar to yours, asking for opinions/info on the Mountaineer. Nobody answered me back either. I think these things are pretty scarce, I've never actually seen one other than online or in the Northern catalog.

I ended up buying a Snapper Grounds Cruiser. The best price on the Mountaineer I found was $5,000 + shipping. After rebate, the Snapper was $5,000 + tax. I bought the bed lift a month later, on sale, for $275. Ultimately, I think I got a better deal. I may have paid around a hundred bucks more overall, but I have a local dealer who will service the whole thing, not just the engine. I'm sure you could find a local service center to work on the Tecumseh in the Mountaineer, but I don't know about the rest of it. Also, the Snapper is built like a tank, all metal body work, the Mountaineer appears, from the photos, to be a bit more crude. The Snapper also has a wide variety of accessories available for it, I can't find anything available for the Mountaineer.

I'd visit some dealers of some of the lesser known brands of UV's if I were you, like Toro, Snapper, Land Pride, EZ-Go, and others. I think you'll find you can get as good or better of a deal on a UV from a hungry dealer, and get a nicer UV to boot.

Just my .02

/ Ken-Bar Mountaineer HELP? #7  
I have one. But your post is about 5 years old. I just acquired it for free yesterday. After a few hours of labor, new oil, air filter, and air in the tires, this puppy is about in mint condition with sun beaten destroyed seats. I'm looking for some seats, but may end up building my own.