King Kutter

/ King Kutter #1  

Deerlope

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900
Anyone care to comment on a 6' 3PTH tiller by them? How reliable it the slip clutch on this unit? The last tiller I had was a Kubota and it had a shear pin which I did not care for.

/ King Kutter #2  
I have had the 6' KKII for 2 years now and it is holding up great. I would not own a tiller without a slip clutch. I have alot of rocks and without the slip clutch I would have broke a ton of shear pins or even the PTO on the tractor.
The paint does not hold up that great, but I paint it at the end of the season so it does not rust. It has alot of dents into it from all the rocks but it is built like a tank so it does not bother me.
The blades seem to hold there edge very well and I have not broke one yet.
I would not hesitate to purchase another KKII for the price and the build quality you just can't go wrong.

Also I see on the website they have a professional series which looks the a little sleaker look.

/ King Kutter #3  
Anyone care to comment on a 6' 3PTH tiller by them? How reliable it the slip clutch on this unit? The last tiller I had was a Kubota and it had a shear pin which I did not care for.

There are tillers that have more options. There are tillers that have nicer paint, cleaner welds, and better decals. There aren't many that'll do a better job though. And when you factor in cost and local availability, they're a tough act to beat.

Mine is approaching 8 years old. It has a ton of hours on it. (enought to wear out a set of tines, +) I did get the slip clutch smoking on a couple occasions (60hp tractor in HARD dry ground) Still using same slip clutch to this day.

You MAY find one or two people who've owned KKII tiller, and aren't happy with them. You WILL find scores who have them, use them, like them, and wouldn't hesitate a second to buy ANOTHER one.

By the way, I'm NOT a fan of King Kutter in general, but their KKII tillers are all that.

/ King Kutter #6  
I have a 5' one just like the 6' one you are asking about. I've had it about three years now and it's holding up great so far. If you are going to buy one from Tractor Supply maybe you can come up with one of their 10% off coupons, that's what we used when we bought this one.

/ King Kutter #7  
I have the 6ft, and think it is bulletproof. Great tiller!!