Kioti NX Series Tractor - Serious Issues

/ Kioti NX Series Tractor - Serious Issues #21  
To everyone on here, thank you for your advice! Sorry for the lengthy delay in responding, yet I am happy to report that the dealer was able to locate and fix the issue. Apparently the main ground from the battery terminal to the ECU was bad / broken. He bypassed the ground in lieu of replacing the whole harness assembly. So far so good that I haven't had any other issues with the tractor suddenly dying as it had before. The real test, of course, will come in the spring and summer, but I'm fealing pretty positve about it. Further, the dealer spent a wealth of time going over the tractor with a fine tooth comb and I figure he made about $5 / hour in the process which is pretty awesome on his part. Again, thank you for everyone's advice and ideas!

Absolutely better a little late then never. Nothing worse than an old thread with no answer. Glad it seems to be fixed for you.

/ Kioti NX Series Tractor - Serious Issues #22  
Unwiredone, thanks for following up with the resolution. It may help another member. :thumbsup:

Even the easiest electrical problems to fix can be a bear to find, especially when they affect the ECU as in your case, and despite step-by-step diagnosis using the shop manual. My 2014 NX4510HST Cab is another good example. In four years, it has never failed to start instantly -- with one exception, and it was a real hair-puller. The tractor acted as if the parking brake wasn't on and range selector not in neutral, preventing the ECU from signalling the starter relay to close. But both were, and the parking brake light on the dash was on. I finally gave up and handed off to my dealer's tech. Turned out to be nothing more than a chafed wire at the right brake light fixture! But the parking brake light and the brake lights are on two different circuits, which was throwing us off. I posted the details on TBN in case it might save another NX owner some time.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/367963-tip-nx-series-owners-mysterious.html

/ Kioti NX Series Tractor - Serious Issues #23  
Bought a 2014 Kioti NX5010 new. Just over 600 hours since new and for the past two seasons have had a dangerous issue with the tractor stalling in different load and power configurations. The tractor will just die and start throwing multiple error codes. Will have to attempt multiple restarts and eventually tractor will restart and operate for anywhere from a few minutes to the rest of the day. Principal use of tractor is mowing grass and hay operations.

Have had the tractor at the dealer several times for this issue and each time am told its fixed and charged for new parts that do not fix the issue. Kioti representatives were made aware of this issue in January this year, yet they were more concerned (seemingly) of updating my engine for an EPA issue than fixing the actual tractor. The lack of dealer support and or troubleshooting is quite troubling. Many have asked me about my experience with the Kioti tractor and although the features of the tractor are great, the quality just isn't apparent. Worse, still, is the lack of knowledge and support in fixing issues - particularly this one since its also quite dangerous in certain situations.

Does anyone know what would be causing the tractor to just stop / stall at various power and load configurations? Does anyone have a contact at Kioti that actually will take an interest in supporting their dealer channel or has a working knowledge of Kioti operating issues on the NX series?

Thank you for any replies or assistance!

P.S. - The other posters here on TBN have been fantastic in sharing experiences and knowledge. Thank you for taking the time to share.

I have the same issues with my NX5010 HST. I am on pins and needles when I need to traverse a road off my property. Still no solutions, Mine will stall out shortly before or right after water temperature nears normal. RPM will drop to around 2100 and oscillate a little. I can't increase the throttle. I shut down the tractor with everything in neutral and float positions. restart it and it will work fine for the rest of my operation. There is no warning light about Regen, and eng light will stay on during the hiccup. All idiot lights are normal when I restart it.:-( Dealer replaced the hand throttle 400 buck for this simple part. Still the same problems.

/ Kioti NX Series Tractor - Serious Issues #24  
Could it be the fuel shutoff solenoid? Perhaps connections to it.

What's the cold start behavior like? (sounds like when warm it's more problematic)

There's a pattern, it's just a matter of finding it.

I'm watching this! I'm at 560 hrs and so far no issues like this.