Tractor Sizing KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #21  
Good vid on the lifting, what has peaked my interest are the tires on the 6010.
Are those the new Michelin Tweel's

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #22  
Yeah a man has got to know his limitations. (so says dirty harry). And yeah, what in the world were those wheels and tires on that NX?

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets
The wheels are steel rim with rubber wrapped around it to cushion the drive with big steel treads welded on. The dealer I was at is owned by local Medonite family from what I understand. I asked the salesman about the steel wheels And he just told me all the medonite families use them. I had to come home and do some research and found this article.
http://www.agrinews.com/archives/mennonites-say-there-is-good-reason-for-steel-wheels/article_439bbf98-f83b-58d8-8236-4ba5b1d87595.html"]http://http://www.agrinews.com/archives/mennonites-say-there-is-good-reason-for-steel-wheels/article_439bbf98-f83b-58d8-8236-4ba5b1d87595.html[/URL]

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #25  
Great not the have to worry about flat tires on that nx6010.

Last edited:
   / KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #26  
It is interesting that visibility was not noted as a concern after the testing. Perhaps it's just my vertically challenged self that finds the fork visibility on my rx7620 to be the worst of any of the three other tractors I've done any significant FEL fork work on. Would it stop me buying another rx series tractor? Nope - there are too many good things about them. Just the fork visibility sucks, for me.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets
I have finally pulled the trigger on a new Kioti ck3510 with backhoe, box blade, and third function for a grapple. I decided that a larger tractor (rx6620) would work for moving pallets but would limit me on what I could use it for on our property due to its size. So I will use the ck for for everything except moving 2500 lb pallets. I plan On buying a used skid steer or outdoor forklift when I move my business full time to the property. We take deliver of our new Kioti the end of this week or early next week perfect timing since the first 22 ton of 200 ton of kasphakt milling arrived today. Thanks for all the great advice!!

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #28  
Just to add another thing to this excellent thread...

Folks looking to move a lot of weight via loader+pallet-forks need to keep in mind steerage. I've had my B7800 pick up a very heavy load (for it) to about 3' and the steering was almost impossible. While a tractor MAY be able to lift something I'm guessing that you really want to keep total weight to some lower percentage of max, perhaps 75% or so to ensure that you can retain reasonable response from your steering: of course, travel over rough ground further makes this difficult, in which case even less weight would be desired.

/ KiotI nx6010 lifting 2500 lb pallets #29  
I lifted some some cement pallets with my 7320. A full pallet has 40+ 80lb bags. I felt like the front tires were squishing out and it made me uncomfortable. I did this 3 times, lifting a top pallet on a double stack, moving back a few feet and setting it down. I then unloaded half the pallet and drove 20-24 bags on the tractor about 1/4 mile. The whole experience was "springy" It just felt bouncy and unwise. My ballast was an 86 inch landscape rake. The 3rd time I did this I started coming up on the front wheels and abandoned the idea any further. I did't feel like it was a lack of lift ability...it was the stability of the front wheels and the lack of ballast to offset the load on the front.

Last edited: