Kioti service

/ Kioti service #1  

PaulinSD

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1050, JD 955 MFD & Loader
I've got a question for you Kioti owners. Last summer I have talked with Rivera about a DK 50 for our commercial mowing operation. My main concern was if the tractor needed service, who would do it. With them in southern Texas, and I'm in South Dakota, they really had no answer. I'd appreciate comments on this topic.

Thanks,

Paul

/ Kioti service #2  
i feel service is different than repair. do you service the rest of your equipment or farm that out. if you use others for service see if they would do it on the kioti. to me service is part of the price of ownership.

James "woody" Mills

/ Kioti service
I maintain all that I can, and send out what I can't do. Maybe I should explain a little further. I own 2 John Deeres, and so far, I can service and repair them. I have a JD dealer about a mile away. I have a very good friend about 12 miles away who is a diesel mechanic. I've got the Deere's covered. I asked my diesel mechanic about the Kiotis, and he knew nothing.. My point is are you Kioti owners satified that you can get to a Kioti dealer for service and warranty work without having your tractor down for a long period of time? With the ammount of commercial mowing that I do, it is a concern of mine. Thanks,

Paul

/ Kioti service #4  
hi paul, the dealer i bought my kioti is 1.5 hours away and if i had a problem i see no reason i wouldn't take it to him. you notice i said if i had a problem. so far no problems and i have 65 hours of mostly brush hogging/mowing. my dealer was a factory trained jd mechanic. he fixes alot of jd's but won't sell them he says they have too many problems and parts cost too much. he sells kioti and zetor along with rhino and several other brands of implements. i do all my own service. kiotis are as service friendly as any other. i really don't worry about finding a mechanic to fix them but then again i'm not using it for my livelyhood. i would think that there is a kioti dealer around you closer than texas. i say this because i was all ready to purchase a dk35 from a place in kentucky when i found the one here in oklahoma at a better price. so look hard before you buy.

JB

/ Kioti service #5  
http://www.daedong.co.kr/english/index.html try this link to find a dealer in your area. this didn't find my dealer so don't be discouraged if it don't find one near you. the reason is the dealer has to pay to be on the list and most don't know about all us internet shoppers yet.

JB

/ Kioti service
Thanks for the replys. I know there are dealers closer than Rivera in Texas, their long warranty on their web page caught my eye. Our neighbors to the east in Iowa have quite a few Zetor and Century dealers, they may know something about them, too. I guess there is comfort in seeing a JD dealer on every corner out here in the Plains, I have seen only one Kioti on a dealers lot so far. I'll do some more surfing and try to find more/closer dealers. While most of our mowing is not that time senstive, if done within a week of customers request, we had a wet summer last season and it's easy to get behind the eight ball if you don't stay on top of things.

Thanks again,

Paul

/ Kioti service
Just an up-date, I e-mailed Kioti and they replied with their closest dealer near Omaha, about 195 miles away. I've talked with them and they have been a Kioti dealer for just over 5 years and have sold about 50 tractors in that time. They are a full service/parts stocking dealer. They claim no serious problems with any of their tractors, but an occaisional oil leak which they have repaired. Some Saturday soon, the wife and I will drive down and visit with them. Thanks for your replies.

Paul