Kioti

/ Kioti #1  

Andrew007

Tractor
Kioti daedong
I have recently purchased a kioti daedong with a 54” deck. Interested to know if anyone could tell me year manufacture and series. Model number 17ak2ack396. Serial number 1L179H16137. Any help greatly appreciated as I am having problems getting a deck belt

/ Kioti #2  
Looks like it may be a MTD ZT-54 series made December 17 either 2009 or 2019 Did find reference to a 2010 model which would be match the 2009 build date.

/ Kioti
Thanks so much. Does MTD have a partnership with kioti or do they own them

/ Kioti #4  
Not that I know of, but that model and serial number sequence is MTD style. MTD appears to made them for Kioti. MTD doesn't own Kioti and MTD was recently acquired by Stanley/Black and Decker

/ Kioti #5  
MTD makes mowers and garden tractors for a number of vendors. They are sold as Craftsman and Husqvarna. I believe the even produced Cub Cadet for awhile - maybe still do. Awhile back they were acquired by American Yard Products so they may now be Stanley / Black and Decker - I haven't a clue. Many of the parts interchange among the labeled brands.

/ Kioti
Thanks

/ Kioti #7  
MTD makes mowers and garden tractors for a number of vendors. They are sold as Craftsman and Husqvarna. I believe the even produced Cub Cadet for awhile - maybe still do. Awhile back they were acquired by American Yard Products so they may now be Stanley / Black and Decker - I haven't a clue. Many of the parts interchange among the labeled brands.
Let me straighten you out a little bit. MTD isn't owned by AYP or AYP own MTD. Husqvarna owns AYP and Husqvarna and MTD are two separate companies. Stanley/Black and Decker recently completed the purchase of MTD, and MTD purchased Cub Cadet in 1981. Unless something changed recently I have never seen a MTD made Husqvarna.

Husqvarna, American Yard Products (AYP) and Frigidaire Home Products (FHP) were a division of Electrolux Home Products (EHP) until Husqvarna, AYP and the outdoor power side of FHP were split into their own corporation. With the size of Husqvarna I am surprised they didn't gobble up MTD years ago.

Before the demise of Murray. Walmart power products were split into different parts of the country. MTD had east of the Mississippi and north of I-70. Murray had east of the Mississippi and south of I-70 and Husqvarna had everything west of the Mississippi, and that was only 5% of the annual production of Husqvarna to cover half of the country.

/ Kioti
That’s very interesting