Know about Farm Use Diesel - same for Gasoline?

/ Know about Farm Use Diesel - same for Gasoline? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's worse than that. If the tank prior to the one they are checking was dyed, they can still detect it and will hammer you accordingly. )</font>

That would not stick in court. You can legally run off road in an on road vehicle while on your own property.
If you have a 1/4 lot then you have a problem. But I have more than a mile of private roads and it would be perfectly legal to run dyed diesel on my own property.
You could then fill up with un dyed diesel once you had run out the dyed and run down the road.
I do not do this because clearly this is a lot of trouble and you would need to be doing a lot of driving around your ranch or farm to make it pay.

Fred

/ Know about Farm Use Diesel - same for Gasoline? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( He's in for a big disappointment. The used motor oil will probably go a long way to plugging up a fuel filter quicker than normal, but it won't do squat for getting rid of the dye.
)</font>

actually you can run motor oil in a diesel and be ok. we run a hobart gpu at work it works on diesel or jet a. if you run jet a you put 1 qt of 10w 30 in for every 21 gallons. the oil is to lube the valves due to the jet a not having as much oil in it.
but it's not going to get rid of the dye. burnt motor oil would just turn it black where fresh oil would just blend.

in five years as a police officer i never thought of checking a diesels tank and neither did the people i worked with. the highway police might but they are usually looking for the truck violations. i would probably bet you could do it for a long time and not get caught. the problem i think would come when you go to trade it in and they see the dye in the water seperator bowl or other engine lines. the dealership may have a hard time selling a truck that has been running red diesel and if they did the buyer would have a heck of a case.