Kobota B6100D

/ Kobota B6100D #1  

Buzzardstractors

Tractor
Kobota b6100d
I was running my B6100D I turned the engine off but I left the key on. About an hour later I realized the key was still on so I tri to start it and it just cranked but it wouldn’t start I sprayed starting fluid in the air cleaner and was able to get it started. My question is what happens when you leave the key on after stopping the engine

/ Kobota B6100D #2  
I was running my B6100D I turned the engine off but I left the key on. About an hour later I realized the key was still on so I tri to start it and it just cranked but it wouldn’t start I sprayed starting fluid in the air cleaner and was able to get it started. My question is what happens when you leave the key on after stopping the engine
The only thing that would happen on mine is, the hour meter would keep running. Did you forget to heat the glowplugs before you tried to start it?

/ Kobota B6100D #3  
On an older tractor like your B6100 the only thing that happens if you leave the key on is that the battery slowly runs down. Charge it up before starting.

Using spray starting fluid on one of those older small compacts one will sure kill it in a hurry, though.

/ Kobota B6100D
The only thing that would happen on mine is, the hour meter would keep running. Did you forget to heat the glowplugs before you tried to start it?
I did heat the plugs up. Ince I got it running I shut it down and it restarted without a problem. It’s easy to forget to turn the key off

/ Kobota B6100D
I
On an older tractor like your B6100 the only thing that happens if you leave the key on is that the battery slowly runs down. Charge it up before starting.

Using spray starting fluid on one of those older small compacts one will sure kill it in a hurry, though.
don’t like using starting fluid on any engine if i do I use it sparingly

/ Kobota B6100D #6  
I did heat the plugs up. Ince I got it running I shut it down and it restarted without a problem. It’s easy to forget to turn the key off
On ours the key didn't make much difference. In fact, the entire electrical system didn't matter.

It was mechanicially injected as all old tractors were. Once it was running you could take the key out and stick it in your pocket. The only thing that would happen would be the battery didn't charge. Not that it needed much charge anyway.
A decent battery would start it everyday for weeks without being charged. There were no lights.

To turn the tractor off, one either pushed the throttle all the way past idle, or used the compression release.

/ Kobota B6100D
I have discovered that the glow plug circuit was not energized I did some troubleshooting I found a10 amp fuse burnt but not open replaced the fuse I believe the problem is solved