kombi power heads

/ kombi power heads
It would be worth your time to download Google Chrome. Your problem will be repaired, I promise. Also, get adblock for chrome after installing and you'll be ready to go.

Sorry to derail the thread. Just wanted to help him out. :)

I downloaded Chrome but it seems to be doing battle with Explorer. Explorer seems rather well entrenched. How do I root it out?

/ kombi power heads #22  
Well I went out and picked up the km90 powerhead, limb trimmer and brush cutter. This is a serious tool. Heavier than i thought it would be. Gonna need to use it often to get those muscles in shape. Did some weed/brush cutting along the birches beside the road then trimmed some apple trees.
There is a 2 year warranty on the power head. If you buy a six pack of Stihl 2 cycle oil the warranty is extended to 4 years. Gee...let me think about this. :)
I have a week for evaluation at which point I can bring it back if it doesn't suit me. Hard to beat that.
In the future I see the hedge trimmer. For years I've been trimming my hedges with a black and decker electric bungyed to the end of a hocky stick to increase my reach. Crude but effective.
Movin' on up.

Do you mind sharing what you paid?

I was at the Stihl dealer here today and got a couple prices. The 90 powerhead is $309, the 130 powerhead is ~$460 IIRC and the straight trimmer shaft is $125.

Im pretty sure Stihl sets the prices here for their products. The dealer said there was no room to move on those prices :mad: He wasnt interested in my Honda 25cc trimmer on trade, so i think im going to have to wait on the Stihl... At least until i need a compact tiller for the raised garden beds.

/ kombi power heads #23  

I was at the Stihl dealer here today and got a couple prices. The 90 powerhead is $309, the 130 powerhead is ~$460 IIRC and the straight trimmer shaft is $125.

Im pretty sure Stihl sets the prices here for their products. The dealer said there was no room to move on those prices :mad: He wasnt interested in my Honda 25cc trimmer on trade, so i think im going to have to wait on the Stihl... At least until i need a compact tiller for the raised garden beds.

Wow. Back in May I got a quote from my Stihl dealer for $369 for the 130. I sure hope that prices have not jumped that much since May. Then again, the price on a set of bunk beds for the kids went from $780 to $1,200 overnight and the price on the Northern Tool saw chain sharpener went from $99 to $129 overnight. So, I guess a 30% price increase isn't completely out of the question. Wonder if it has anything to do with inflation in China.

/ kombi power heads

"Do you mind sharing what you paid?"

Not at all. The powerhead was $280, the pruner was $210, the brush cutter $100. I asked if there was any discount for buying 3 at once. Nope. He pointed out the price tags were official Stihl tags and if a dealer didn't display them they were probably marking the price up.

/ kombi power heads #25  
Scooby,
Stihl retail pricing is universal. Dealer volume regulates his costs. If he is a small dealer maybe he is trying to maintain the same % margin as a large "Elite" dealer.
KM130...$369.
KM110...$339.
KM90.....$279.
Straight shaft trimmer...$99.95
A reputable dealer will have Stihl produced price hang tags on each unit.

/ kombi power heads #26  
Looks like Stihl is doing the ole "Stick it to Canadians" thing. This is typical and getting very tiring.

Thanks guys.:thumbsup: