Price Check Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023
This was my first time out after getting my Kubota bx2370, I have to fix the Rops and electrical. I didn't realize until after the video I was in Hi speed the entire time, when I placed her in low things got a whole lot better. So far I love my tractor. I will probably buy me some brush forks from Quick-On Pallet/Brush Forks unless you guys can recommend a better set.

Thanks Rick

Update guys just got home from the hospital. Have some video footage I am uploading from yesterday evening. 1 hrs. after this footage was taken I went to the store 1.5 miles from m home and on the way back. I was hit in the rear by a DUI driver in a 4x4 pickup, it knocked my little tractor off the road, I had the box blade on the rear which saved my life, the trooper and witness stated the truck hit me at about 45mph and the driver never hit the brakes, the impact caused the box blade to impact and bust my rear tires and dent my rear finders, the tractor is at the tow yard and I haven't had a chance to look it over the officer said the whole 3pt hits system is bent and crushed, but the tow driver was able to drive it on the wrecker. the box blade saved my life, it's a miracle I am alive, the drunk driver and 3 passengers got out of the truck 2 ran, they tried to assault me stating WHY WERE YOU CUTTING GRASS IN THE ROAD!!. I was extremely disoriented getting up from the ground, after seeing what was happening, I ran into the road to flag someone down for help because I could find my phone and the driver got in to his truck and sped off. I have 5.5 hrs of riding time on the little Kubota, the tractor saved my life. the witnesses that saw it instead of staying kept driving to the local police substation to notify the police. I hope the Kubota insurance fixes my tractor. if anyone knows if they will or won't or knows what I should do next for the insurance please pm or post me. I am just glad to be sitting here with my grand kids.

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #14  
First thank god you are alright. I would think its a statement to how well these machines are built. I would think if you have Kubota insurance you would be covered beside all the legal issues with the other driver.

I hope so, I just filed m claim online, one of the firemen that showed up has a Kubota and even knew the sale people who sold me my tractor, he told my wife that was one tough little machine. Everyone was surprised my injuries were as minor as they were, the witnesses said they should I was dead and were amazed to see me walking around after the impact even though I was disoriented. Again I think (I know) I bought the right tractor I will post pics tomorrow when I go to the garage that towed it.

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #17  
I noticed on your video that you have your ROPS down. The safety police will nag you about putting it up and wearing your seat belt to protect you in a roll over.:)

Yeah I keep them down so I don't hit my garage going in and out, but I don't wear the seat belt with it down,
up seatbelt on and down seat belt off right?

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #19  
First and foremost Thankfully your in one piece!

Make sure to get a copy of the accident report and a list of any and all charges that were filed on the driver, also if anyone tried to harass or assault you after the accident and you were possibly clear headed enough to justify it make sure to talk to the police about pressing charges for that.
As far as insurance goes I don't know the specifics but do know that most tow yards charge a daily rate for any car/truck/machine that is in their yard so if possible pay the towing charges and get it out of there before they accumulate.

yeah the tow company charged me $200 to tow it 8 miles and $49 a day even though they were closed until today. They acted like they were cutting me a break. they said we will just charge you $287. Here is the video of my tractor at the tow yard.