Kubota 7100 - How do I use Just the bellymower - or Just the 3 pt hitch implement?

/ Kubota 7100 - How do I use Just the bellymower - or Just the 3 pt hitch implement? #1  

andrewj

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5105
I have a 7100 I posted about yesterday - I have a seperate question, above....

I love the bellymower, but want to be able to rototill too. Do I have to take the mower off to use 3 pt implements?

/ Kubota 7100 - How do I use Just the bellymower - or Just the 3 pt hitch implement? #2  
I have both belly mowerr and rototiller on my BX. I find that if i am tilling the garden for the first time for the season, it wont sink much in soft soil so i can leave both on same time. However since my MMM is 60 inch and tiller is 42 - and i tilling garden for final prep- i find i need to remove the MMM due to ground clearance and i end up pushing dirt with MMM :eek:.

SO depending on how much clearance you have , you might find it easier to remove the MMM when tilling. There is nothing to stop you from using both the same time if you dont mind getting stuck if the soil is very fine and soft :p :D

/ Kubota 7100 - How do I use Just the bellymower - or Just the 3 pt hitch implement?
I have both belly mowerr and rototiller on my BX. I find that if i am tilling the garden for the first time for the season, it wont sink much in soft soil so i can leave both on same time. However since my MMM is 60 inch and tiller is 42 - and i tilling garden for final prep- i find i need to remove the MMM due to ground clearance and i end up pushing dirt with MMM :eek:.

SO depending on how much clearance you have , you might find it easier to remove the MMM when tilling. There is nothing to stop you from using both the same time if you dont mind getting stuck if the soil is very fine and soft :p :D

but is there a way to lock the mower in the "up" position regardless of the position of the 3 pt?

/ Kubota 7100 - How do I use Just the bellymower - or Just the 3 pt hitch implement? #4  
but is there a way to lock the mower in the "up" position regardless of the position of the 3 pt?

On the bx's it has a top postion on the dail setting hieght. just turn the knob to top before dropping the 3 pt. I am not sure if the 7100 series have the same setting or not. I sure hope so for your sake . how do you adjust the mower hieght on your 7100 ? take a look at that knob setting and you might find a top setting .

Like I said before, it works fine until the soil gets all nicely tilled and its nice and soft, the bx wil then sink half way up the tire height and that when it becomes a problem with the MMM on even in the most topmost position.