[KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance
Dont know if our OP has purchased yet; but the Rhino 3505 60" Rear Blade 'seems' to offer pivot, tilt, and offset, for a pretty affordable price.
I have not yet - still looking for a used one with around me. Very good find with the Rhino 3505 - see used prices as low as $600.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #92  
When I had my Ford 1700 I had a smaller, lighter Land Pride rear blade - around 350#. It did great - clearing snow on my driveway.

Otherwise - in the summer. It drug along behind the tractor - bumping, chattering and making sparks. It just was not heavy enough to do any work.

The first thing I bought when I got my new Kubota M6040 - a HD 8 foot Rhino rear blade. It weighs a tad over 1000# and will cut into my gravel driveway with ease.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #93  
I wonder how much it would cost to have someone come in with the right tools to do the job? Might actually be less expensive in the long run. Then, after the road has been properly constructed, you can use your tractor to maintain it. I know money can be tight, but IMO, I would consider having an all weather road into my residence to be much more important than having all the fun toys (including the tractor) discussed thus far.
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #94  
I wonder how much it would cost to have someone come in with the right tools to do the job? Might actually be less expensive in the long run. Then, after the road has been properly constructed, you can use your tractor to maintain it. I know money can be tight, but IMO, I would consider having an all weather road into my residence to be much more important than having all the fun toys (including the tractor) discussed thus far.
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck.
I would 'guess' we are talking right around $40,000 to hire it done.

So, if we wanted to break this down as a bid job, I'm looking at approx $27,000 in Material; $6400 in a dozer/operator; $3000 mobilization; $1600 for a vibratory roller; or $38,000 cost; now, 18.75% profit; we end up at a contract price of $45,175. That's a Lot of money for a driveway that our OP has successfully used for years; when we can add some base material in areas, dress it up, do some water control, and all; for $4500 or so.

Last edited:
   / [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #95  
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck.
well……
Yes, 50% of the reason I bought the Kubota was to maintain the driveway. Right now I need to get it fixed by the Timber company then hopefully I'll be able to maintain it with a box blade after they are done with the work.

/ [KUBOTA B3200] Grader Blade / Box Blade Recommendation for Driveway Maintenance #96  
I have not yet - still looking for a used one with around me. Very good find with the Rhino 3505 - see used prices as low as $600.

Twenty years ago, the type of project that you are wanting to do was very commonly done with 30 hp tractors. ALL YOU NEED IS THE RIGHT 3PT IMPLEMENT.

At one time, every USA implement company made an affordable manually adjusted 3pt six foot back blade that worked nearly as well as a road grader. IT DID JUST WHAT YOU WANT.
We have one, and I still have an old spread sheet showing half a dozen companies that made their own version. Although these have mostly been discontinued in today's cheapie US implement market, a used one would be just exactly what you want for that muddy long driveway.

In fact, since I have one I know it well. No, unfortunately not for sale - but a used one would be just as good. An example is a Land Pride RB3572 (discontinued, of course)
Then RB3572 came with manually adjustable tilt, angle, offset, reversing, end plates caps, stand, trailing wheel, and skid shoes. Every part well built. Well matched to your B3200.
Price in 2002 was just over 2K. Used ones are now about that price today.
It will cut, smooth, ditch, and berm. Does mud & gravel. Has optional rake.

Here's all the info on one typical model. There are others.
It does need to have all those adjustments, and most of the optional parts to really work well. The end plates/caps are what makes it work like a box blade. The tilt+offset does the ditch & berm.
Then trailing wheel keeps it all honest.
rScotty

RB3572 Drawing.jpg

Attachments

• RB3572 Operators.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • RB3572 Parts.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 2