Kubota B6200E with B 850 Engine

/ Kubota B6200E with B 850 Engine #1  

rdclifton

Recently I acquired a Kubota B6200 with a B850 engine. After installing a battery the engine was cranked. The engine ran at full throtle and the accelerator nor stop lever had any effect. I removed the injection pump and discovered the "rack rod" (rod that slides back and forth to control fuel) was difficult to operate. My questions are:

1. Where can I purchase the "Rack Rod"? ( Ihave been told by a dealer that a new pump must be purchased.)
2. In the event the "rack rod" is damaged (pitted, etc) will it cause any problems if I lightly sand it in an effort to get it to operate smoothly?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Roger

/ Kubota B6200E with B 850 Engine #2  
if you will contact a diesel injection pump rebuilder you possibly can aquire the rod they can also tell you if it can be bought by itself or not. also what i know about injection pumps the slightest tolerances to factory spec will cause more problems injecton pumps specs are much like engine specs very little room for error. if you cant find one post what city you are in and will tell you one close to you i work or a division bosch and i service several diesel rebuilder across the us.

mitch becton