Kubota B7100

/ Kubota B7100 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello,

I need a tractor to manage two acres of brush, one acre of grass, a 300 foot long snowy gravel driveway, and some landscaping projects involving excavating some small, low hillsides.

A low hours early 90's B7100 is available with a loader, backhoe, tiller, brush hog and box scraper.

Could the loader be used to move 3 foot deep heavy snowfalls, assuming it were chained up?

What would I look for in a setup like this as far as problems?

What would this package be worth?

/ Kubota B7100 #2  
Scott, don't know how much help I can be, and you say it's an early '90s and low hours (I'm not sure just how many hours that is), but in 1995 I gave $10,800 for a new B7100 with front end loader. After 4 years and just under 500 hours, the dealer gave me an honest $8,000 for it when I traded up to a B2710. If the backhoe is OEM Kubota, I think it was close to $6k, but I've never had a backhoe. Depending on brands, models, etc., you can buy a new brush hog for about $495 and up, and a box blade for about $295 and up. That little B7100 was a workhorse all right; my biggest complaint was the lack of power steering and position control on the 3-point. But I don't move snow in central Texas, either./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Kubota B7100 #3  
Hi Scott.
I can tell you this much about a B7100 its a little mule.
I use my B7100 HST 99% of the time to my other tractor.
I live in New Hampshire on a side of mountain and my driveway 450 feet long and removing the snow has never been a problem.
I also have a front loader which works great and than some.
I never had a problem using my bush hog or finish mower also my york rake plus other attachments,for there has been more than enough power when needed.
I have truf tires on this unit and only chains on the rear and never had them off since I bought the Kubota,for the chain give that extra bit when plowing snow or bush hogging etc..
Here a little of advice...counter balance or weights.
As far as the cost hard to say,for you have many attachments also low hours,but if I was going to guess I would say $12.000.00 to $14.000.00.....but I have been wrong before.
The only problem I had so far was I pop a hyd hose but that was my fault !!
Just keep the filters,fuilds,greased,wipe down,under cover when not in use.
Just a quick question.
Is this Kubota model a B7100 GST or a B7100 HST?
Take care and good luck.

/ Kubota B7100 #4  
Scott - I have a 1700, which is physically the same size as the 7100, and at only 1 horsepower more is essentially the same power. I see no reasoon the 7100 won't do all you ask EXCEPT I find the loader to be almost worthless in plowing. It is great at moving banks of snow back, or piling up snow when you run out of room to plow, but if you intend to lower the loader and drive forward, you will be very disappointed in the results on a gravel drive. Might work on pavement, but I never tried it. I use a rear blade to plow, and in fact usually just leave the loader off (I do not think the loader on the 7100 is quick release though). I suspect you will need either a blade (figure $300 for a good one) or a rear mount blower ($1500 or so), and use the loader just every now and again to move big piles of snow out of the way.

/ Kubota B7100 #5  
Scott.
Bird right when it comes to the power steering in which my B7100HST doesn't have.
If your on rough terrain have a good grib on the steering wheel or else......ouch.
Power steering doesn't seem to be factor when buying a tractor today,but think twice and pay the little differents.

PaulB is also right about plowing snow with the bucket.
The first year I plow my driveway with just the bucket took almost 2 hours,and thats with the average snow storm of 2 to 4 inches plus drifts,but also that was a good way for me to learn how to use the bucket loader quick or have the windchill enter my bones......brrrrrrr.

If you should purchase this unit consider a plow for the winter use.
Just pick up a second 5 or 6 foot plow at dealer or auction,than design it to your bucket with one pin to remove.
This way you can release the plow but still have your loader intact,
also make sure your plow angles.
When plowing snow I found out 4wd low range was the best results.

Not to put a dealership down,but this forum can give more pros & cons to different issues in which we have..for example. Bird lives in Texas and brought up the point of power steering in which I forgot.
PaulB lives in Central New York and brought the point of using the loader for snow removeal in which I forgot.
So I hope you continue to use this forum and ask advice for someday we may need to ask you a question.
Take Care.

/ Kubota B7100
Just a couple of thoughts. I have a 1995 B7100 HST that I bought new in '96. I've used this little workhorse to do everything from mow our 5 acre lawn, to bush hog paddocks and fields, to grade/plow/maintain a 400 ft. gravel drive. We live in Michigan and are no strangers to snow, and the B7100 with a 5 ft. back blade easily handled any snow we've seen over the past few years. I have chains on the back and the front loader provides good weight balance on the front. Generally plow in low range 4wd. Since it is a true compact diesel, often times you have to "eat the elephant" one bite at a time as you attack work projects. But overall, a fantastic little machine. Bird's correct in that the machine lacks pwr. steering and an adjustable 3 pt., but a little time in the driver's seat and you figure out how to deal with those things. A front loader is a handy item and it's not easily removable from the B7100. It won't do you much good as far as plowing snow, but is handy when the time comes to move snow piles out of the way. I don't think you would go wrong with a B7100.