kubota backhoe hydraulics

/ kubota backhoe hydraulics #1  

jfsawatzky

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300su
I just purchased a used kubota bh76 backhoe for my b3300su. It does not have the normal hydraulic connections that can only be connected one way, instead it uses the remotes. When I first saw this setup, I liked it as that would be one less task when I attach the subframe. But now that I’ve had more time to think… I’m concerned about connecting / running the hydraulics backwards.

With my hydraulic 3P post hole digger, it’s designed to go in reverse… I do not know if the same can be said about the backhoe. Since the OEM connection is designed to be connected one way only… it implies the hydraulic flow should be one way too.

Assuming the hydraulics are connected backwards, how could I tell it was connected backwards? Is it as simple as the controls run backwards? What damage could be done? How quickly would damage occur? Any other suggestions?
Thanks for your advise.

/ kubota backhoe hydraulics #2  
If connected backwards there is risk of cracking the valve housings since you are pressurizing the tank galley.

Good circuit would have check valve in tank line to prevent this from happening

/ kubota backhoe hydraulics #4  
The backhoe should connect to the PB loop, not the remotes. Does your tractor have the PB loop installed?

/ kubota backhoe hydraulics #5  
I had a BH76 on my old L3430 and the hydraulic connections were made via the power beyond (PB) loop. I've never seen a Kubota hoe powered by rear remotes. The flow rate is too slow.

I'm not sure how it works on the B3300 but it looks like this on the L3430"

P1010205a.jpg

/ kubota backhoe hydraulics #6  
And, don’t let anyone move your 3PH lever when BH is attached or you’ll blow a cylinder. I made this to remind me.

IMG_2023-08-12-095536.jpeg