Price Check Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price?

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #1  

jimbob69

Greetings. Looking to buy my first Kubota. Currently looking at a BX2200 with FEL and 60"deck. Tractor has about 1100hrs. This seems like a lot of hours to me so I am looking for some advice on price and wear items that I should be looking at. Thanks

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #2  
I don't know as far as price but I know I would check the fluid levels, get the service records and also check the hydrostatic cooling fan. The lil' BX's lack ground clearance and the hydro fans tend to get broken pretty easy. The fans themselves are pretty cheap but it isn't cheap to get one installed ;)

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #3  
If it was serviced at reg. intervails and repairs done as needed 1100 hr's is no problem.Only the person looking at it can really judge it's condition if you don't know enough about used tractor's maybe you should have a freind with some hands on exp.with tractor's go along and look with you.Sometimes a shinny paint coat can make a person over look the defects.

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #4  
Check Tractor House to get an idea. Also check the right hand side of TBN. Click the link at the bottom to specify the type of tractor you ar looking for (currently no BX2200s).

KUBOTA BX2200, Used KUBOTA BX2200, KUBOTA BX2200 For Sale At TractorHouse.com

Based on the listing it should go from $5K to $7K depending on the condition. I'd guess that you'd have to put $1K+ into it right away with that many hours. Things tend to wear over time.

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price?
What is going to wear that will cost me 1k in repairs? Are we talking internal repairs or normal wear like deck bearings and fluid changes? What items should I be looking at to indicate possible abuse? They are asking about 8k. Local dealer has a bx2200 with 500hrs and 60" deck for 7500 but no FEL. Said FEL would run about 3500 which would put it at 11k. Thanks for your help.

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #6  
Again, I think if they have the maintenance records up to date you should be just fine. Take someone with you who knows tractors or maybe find someone who works on tractors to give it a checkup. Paying someone $100 or so to check it out might save you big $$$ in the end.

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #7  
I traded my 2000 BX 2200 (MMM, FEL, 1250 hours) this past spring. The dealership gave me $7500 for it. I paid about $500 too much for the B2620 that replaced it, so figure I got $7,000 real money. The dealership wholesaled it to a small shop where I know one of the salesmen. They paid $6900 for it and resold it quickly for $7895.

This tractor had maintenance records, was garage kept, and was mechanically and cosmetically perfect-in the best condition of anything I have traded/sold. I can't think of anything on that tractor that would require anywhere near a $1,000 worth of repairs- but I would be ready to spend that amount if I bought a tractor of that vintage.

Will

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #9  
around $7K to $8K assuming excellent apperance and mechnical function

/ Kubota bx2200 w/1100hrs price? #10  
Jimbob,
Manganos is right about that stoopid little fan. DAMHIKT :mad: $1.98 for the part, $975 for labor! I had a 1/2" D stick ride over the deck & right into it. I bought the part & installed it. Took me 2 weeks, You literally have to spit the tractor in half to get it in. I made a metal cone-shaped shroud to protect it, no more problems. Can't do without it or you'll burn up the transaxle though, That major $$$ to fix. Check the Hydro fluid & the hoses for aging. HTH
T-Man. :cool: