Mowing Kubota BX2230 PTO lever will not move to fully engage mower deck

/ Kubota BX2230 PTO lever will not move to fully engage mower deck #1  

robynk

Tractor
Kubota BX22330
PTO lever moves slightly and if you stand the tractor stops which shows that PTO is slightly engaged. The PTO shaft at the connection point moves freely and the blades also move freely -- if the PTO would engage everything would work. Have not used the mid PTO since last fall's final cutting. Deck was removed for winter storage and cleaned. Help! We need to cut our grass!

/ Kubota BX2230 PTO lever will not move to fully engage mower deck #2  
Welcome to TBN.
I've also got a BX2230. I found this same problem after tearing my tractor apart for other reasons. I had the seat, floor pan, and fenders all torn off. When I put it together, I put one bolt in backwards for this lever and it hit something else (been a year and 1/2, so forgive the foggy memory).

Have you had the tractor apart recently?

/ Kubota BX2230 PTO lever will not move to fully engage mower deck
RaydaKub -- thanks for the suggestion. Yes, we had a bad hydraulic fluid leak and replaced all the hoses (even the good ones) -- we had to remove the left rear tire to get everything done. We will take that tire off and see if something was misplaced when getting it all back together. Thanks!

/ Kubota BX2230 PTO lever will not move to fully engage mower deck #4  
Look at the linkage and make sure it is not bent.

/ Kubota BX2230 PTO lever will not move to fully engage mower deck #5  
My IH had a similar problem. It turned out that water had rusted the PTO plunger where it goes into the tranny case. I used a lot of penetrating oil to free it.