Kubota BX24 price

/ Kubota BX24 price #1  

mikeharold

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I'm in the process of buying 4.5 acres of which most needs to be mowed and is slightly hilly. Now I live in Cali and we don't have grass that grows throughout the year, rather weeds in the spring that need to be mowed down to avoid fox tails and fire danger. Now, local CL add just listed a 2008 BX24 with loader and BH with 198 hrs for $13,999. Haven't looked at it yet, waiting to hear back. Assuming it's in good shape and service has been done, what are the thoughts on price? Have been torn on which way to go with a tractor, BX, B, JD 2 series, Mahindra.....??

/ Kubota BX24 price #2  
BX would serve you well on 4.5 acre lot. It sounds like a good deal, the backhoe itself is worth small fortune.

/ Kubota BX24 price #3  
Considering it has the BH, that seems like a very fair price. The good thing about the small BX models like that is that there's always a demand for them....very handy size that many people can afford, and have a place to store, so if you decide it's not big enough, or just want something different, you won't normally lose much money on the deal.

/ Kubota BX24 price
Good point. The seller is gone until tomorrow so should be looking at it sometime tomorrow or Mon. Stopped by the local dealer and drove around the new BX25 just to get a feel. The $14k is looking much nicer compared to the $21k he said the new one runs. Need to find a way to come up with the cash if I like it though, my $ is coming from the sale of my house and don't close escrow for 3 more weeks. I just don't see these come up for sale around here. Only nice thing about a new one would be 0% financing, but I hate payments and have just gotten myself out from under all other payments. Will see after looking at it.

/ Kubota BX24 price #5  
I bet if you gave him a deposit he may hold it for you. Worth asking

/ Kubota BX24 price
So I looked at the tractor this morning and it's in good shape and seems to run and operate just fine. The guy was very nice and extremely open and honest. I asked him if he would entertain a deposit and he said no problem. Need to talk to the wife tonight and decide how much we want to pay. He also has a box scraper and tiller for sale. I'm not interested in the tiller but he said the scraper would be $400, it's a land pride 4' box in good shape that he bought new with the tractor as well. Just have to decide if this is the route I want to go or not. so he basically wants $14,400 for the tractor and box scraper. I still need to get a mower as well so that's going to be a bit more $ as well but I won't need that until the end of next winter so I have time on that.

/ Kubota BX24 price #7  
They are a nice solid machine and all come from the factory with a loader and backhoe. A mid mount mower will fit the unit but they are a bit pricey. Around here you can get a BX25D (comes with hoe/loader), mid mount mower for a touch over 19K new + tax (if you are not tax exempt). They also offer an attractive finance program to help get you into one if you don't have the money up front.

Basically it is 5K more for a new one but you will get the mower (which I forget the price but I seem to recall it being close to 2k), and you will have a factory warranty.

Good luck on your shopping!

/ Kubota BX24 price
And that is something that I have been taking into consideration. But here they are asking about $20k for the unit and the mower is still a couple grand more. Don't think I'm going to go with a MMM though, it's not lawn that I'm mowing rather field. So I can get a 4' rotary for much less especially if I can find a good one used. Shopping sucks!!