Kubota Canada Web Site Pricing

/ Kubota Canada Web Site Pricing #11  
I don't know how people are still willing to buy new? I have a good job and my own business and I'd feel stupid putting out that much money for a new tractor or even a pickup truck.
Along with my old tractors, I just picked up an old frame off restored 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II to replace the wife's VW Tiquan Highline. I'm tired of all this new overpriced junk.
I think that today anything new can be overpriced because for people who want to own, there is simply no alternative to buying new.

That's nobody's fault; being able to buy used requires technical knowledge and a repair infrastructure that used to exist but doesn't so much anymore. That whole motor-head culture of rebuild/repair & fixit that was once an important part of the whole economy is fading away.... has already faded away. I doubt it will return - at least not while the credit-based economy is booming.

For example, cosider that right here on TBN many say that having a dealer nearby is often mentioned as being important when buying a tractor, - while technical info, special tools and the cost of shop manuals is hardly ever mentioned.

All that is completely upsidedown from what it was just 20 years ago, and all of it plays directly into the cost of new machines. .

rScotty

/ Kubota Canada Web Site Pricing
My brother in law in Nairn Centre is looking for a used B26T with backhoe, what year is yours ?
2013 with 900 hours. All fluids and filters changed every fall. I don't wait for hours. Not sure if I want to sell but you can PM me for details about it.
I really don't like how the replacement prices are looking, LOL

I never considered there would be a day when I would hear "restored" applied to the Ford Ranger.

Yet I understand it.
LOL, ya, frame off, he redid everything thinking it was for his kid and he was going to be driving it for a long time.
But then gave his son his new Tacoma.
So I jumped on it.

And now, here in soviet Canuckistan (or Can'tada) you have to get an appraiser to appraise value to change ownership so the government gets all the tax money they want, and the appraiser was telling me there are a LOT of people now reviving old vehicles because in his words "new ones are overpriced unreliable junk"

I think that today anything new can be overpriced because for people who want to own, there is simply no alternative to buying new.

That's nobody's fault; being able to buy used requires technical knowledge and a repair infrastructure that used to exist but doesn't so much anymore. That whole motor-head culture of rebuild/repair & fixit that was once an important part of the whole economy is fading away.... has already faded away. I doubt it will return - at least not while the credit-based economy is booming.

For example, cosider that right here on TBN many say that having a dealer nearby is often mentioned as being important when buying a tractor, - while technical info, special tools and the cost of shop manuals is hardly ever mentioned.

All that is completely upsidedown from what it was just 20 years ago, and all of it plays directly into the cost of new machines. .

rScotty
I totally understand. And I should have not worded what I said as "stupid paying these prices" Some people HAVE to buy now. I'm just fortunate I have all the tractors and implements I NEED to do my work. So for me, it is just not smart to pay a pile more money just to gain a little more power or luxury.

/ Kubota Canada Web Site Pricing #15  
I totally understand. And I should have not worded what I said as "stupid paying these prices" Some people HAVE to buy now. I'm just fortunate I have all the tractors and implements I NEED to do my work. So for me, it is just not smart to pay a pile more money just to gain a little more power or luxury.
I think I realized what you meant. I'm doing the same.
Just wishing more people were interested in the mechanical arts. It's a great hobby.

I think I realized what you meant. I'm doing the same.
Just wishing more people were interested in the mechanical arts. It's a great hobby.
Around here I HAVE to do all my own service and repairs because I have had problems with every dealer in my town with everything from atv's to class 8 trucks.

I live in the town of "ain't my job and I don't give a......." LOL

/ Kubota Canada Web Site Pricing #17  
Around here I HAVE to do all my own service and repairs because I have had problems with every dealer in my town with everything from atv's to class 8 trucks.

I live in the town of "ain't my job and I don't give a......." LOL
Are there private repair shops around there, or are all the mechanics working for dealers now?
We've still got a few private shops around. They usually specalize. One only does Ford diesels, another only Toyotas. I think there are several that only work on Toyota Landcruisers.

Are there private repair shops around there, or are all the mechanics working for dealers now?
We've still got a few private shops around. They usually specalize. One only does Ford diesels, another only Toyotas. I think there are several that only work on Toyota Landcruisers.
Yes there are. You just have to do your research and pick and choose wisely.

I've had everything from the VW dealer putting their hoist through the floor of my new VW doing an oil change, Polaris dealer charge $550 to service my atv yet every drain and filler plug was still buried in mud, parts falling off on way home from Ford dealer, Western Star dealer poking holes in wire harnesses with test light causing wires to rot and whole emission system to fail, etc.