Kubota Diesel Oil Change, hours or time?

/ Kubota Diesel Oil Change, hours or time? #21  
I used to change oil each year regardless of hours or miles.
Now I change oil by the hours or miles, regardless of time. Just did the 400h service on my Kubota L4060, with the oil being about 4 years old. I do make sure that when I start anything up, it gets up to operating temperature for a while so that moisture is burned off.

/ Kubota Diesel Oil Change, hours or time? #22  
I change the oil and filter in my 1984 L2550DT every 100 hours. I write the "due" date and hours on the filter so it is visible. I have just turned over 6000 hours. That is a lot of oil changes... :)

/ Kubota Diesel Oil Change, hours or time? #23  
I have a Kubota L3560. I check the oil every time before use. I noticed that after about 100 hours which includes brush hogging of a lot of sloped land, the oil is dirty. I could tell the engine was working hard on the slopes and actually would heat up a bit, but not to a concerned level. The oil was 電irty after that and I decided to change and glad I did. Brought me back to my young man days of car maintenance and doing everything myself! I have done a 100 hours with other activities like driveway box scraping, digging holes, loading mulch/dirt, running a chipper on the PTO and brush hogging flat areas and the oil did not look dirty, so did not change. Bottom line, is use your common sense and experience. The manuals are for minimal recommendations based on my conversations with the local mechanics. Take Care.

/ Kubota Diesel Oil Change, hours or time? #24  
All diesels make oil pitch black very quickly. This has nothing to do with whether the oil needs to be changed.

I disagree with that the first common rail systems with no egr the oil would stay clean looking for a lot of hours,
start throwing emission requirements on them and the soot loading in the oil starts going up.