Kubota engine rebuild

/ Kubota engine rebuild #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
I'm looking at this tractor. 2008 Kubota L4240HST needs engine rebuild. 2300 hrs on it.
Anybody have any ideas as to what my best option would be and how much it would cost.

Last edited:
   / Kubota engine rebuild #2  
kubby engines are not inexpensive to rebuild. Get a reliable guesstimate and add that to the potential price tag.
Why did it fail? Was it abuse. Whatever happened to the engine happened to the rest of the machine.
Me? I'd walk. It's too low an hour count for such a dramatic repair requirement.

/ Kubota engine rebuild #3  
Any idea what failed? An engine rebuild could be liners and or rings/pistons and a head gasket; or it could be trying to find a donor block. I would want a real killer deal, but let's say the machine is $4k; spend $2500, and have a $15k machine. My biggest fear would be trying to find a donor engine and 30+ hours of mechanic shop time, if its that bad off..
Screenshot_20230815_181516_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

/ Kubota engine rebuild #4  
I'm looking at this tractor. 2008 Kubota L4240HST needs engine rebuild. 600 hrs on it.
Anybody have any ideas as to what my best option would be and how much it would cost.
"Needs engine rebuild" makes it sound like wear and blow by/oil consumption; not donor block. Probably while it's apart, might want to do injectors, ect; and If you have the ability and time, this might be a $1500-2500 job, and a few weeks of nights/weekends. I would still want to pay less then $5k, just for the possibility that there is more wrong then you expect, or your forced to call in professional help. Is there a way to confirm transmission is intact? Looks like that is an $11,000 assembly
Screenshot_20230815_183317_Chrome.jpg

/ Kubota engine rebuild #5  
Only reference I have is we have a Kubota R630 wheel loader at the mine and they overheated it many times and the motor finally went. A brand new crate engine for it was $12,000 Canadian and no core charge.
Our shop said not even worth rebuilding the old one for that.

/ Kubota engine rebuild #6  
Saw a rebuilt engine for your machine for $4300 plus $2000 core charge plus freight from Ohio and freight to return the core to Ohio. My guess is about $5000 for installation

/ Kubota engine rebuild #7  
Message me