Kubota G5200

/ Kubota G5200 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi all
I have a Kubota G5200 ride on here in Australia and was wondering if you could assist me with some info. I have contaminated the fuel tank (under the seat) and need to remove it. To get it out I need to remove the fiberglass fenders/cover but in order to do that I need to get the accellerator pedal off first. My problem is that it appears that the pin or bolt that holds it to the shaft has been broken off. Can anybody tell me if it's a bolt or a roll pin as looking at it I noticed that there is a hole right throug the center of it. this made me think it could be a roll pin not a bolt. By the way it's a hydrostatic drive model.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

/ Kubota G5200 #2  
David John, I sorry I don't know anything about the G5200, but if the bolt/pin has a hole through it, and if you can see that it's split on one side, it'll be a roll pin. My throttle lever is held on with a roll pin that I had to remove to pull the dash on my Kubota.

Bird

/ Kubota G5200
Thanks for the advice Bird.
Last night I removed the cutting deck so I could look from underneath. You are right, it does have a split roll pin in it. The problem is that the previous owner hacked the hole from the top trying to get the pin out making it almost impossible to get the pin out. I now plan on drilling out the hole from the top and driving the pin up from the bottom.

Thanks again for the info.

P.S. whilst trying to find info on my problem I came across this site which you may find helpful.

http://www.tractorsmart.com