Kubota L 39

/ Kubota L 39 #1  

nascamp

Tractor
Kubota L39
machine was working fine, I was on the backhoe and turned the seat around to drive it and when I put it in forward or reverse with the clutch in it runs when I release the clutch the motor cuts off. I checked the seat switch it is good, even jumped it. On the seat position switch I have continuity between orange and black in the drive position and in the backhoe position I get continuity between blue and black, any suggestions?

/ Kubota L 39 #2  
Check the PTO side? Brake side? Rats are constantly attacking my wiring around here, not sure what a short/lack of continuity on the other legs would do.

I've done unspeakable things to seat switches out of frustration.

/ Kubota L 39 #3  
Check the PTO side? Brake side? Rats are constantly attacking my wiring around here, not sure what a short/lack of continuity on the other legs would do.

I've done unspeakable things to seat switches out of frustration.
My seat switch apparently "failed" (jumpered) with the previous owner.
I like that it has "failed".

Last edited:
   / Kubota L 39 #4  
Specifically this. I replaced the "operator present" switch on the underside of my L39 when I had a similar issue. Note, this is different form the seat rotation position switches (tractor vs backhoe) and can be seen on the underside of the seat cushion when you flip it forward.

/ Kubota L 39 #5  
Specifically this. I replaced the "operator present" switch on the underside of my L39 when I had a similar issue. Note, this is different form the seat rotation position switches (tractor vs backhoe) and can be seen on the underside of the seat cushion when you flip it forward.
Yup,...... me too.
My "operator present" switch has been "replaced" with a jumper wire.
Works great!