KUBOTA L245DT

/ KUBOTA L245DT #1  

Arbo

Bronze Member
I found another used Kubota locally. Will the L245DT with a factory loader handle moving and stacking round bales? Thanks!

/ KUBOTA L245DT #3  
Arbo said:
I found another used Kubota locally. Will the L245DT with a factory loader handle moving and stacking round bales? Thanks!
First Kubota I ever owned was a 1979 L245DT. It did not have a loader but it had a heavy duty dozer blade -- amazing what it would do. It's a very rugged and dependable machine but it may be a little light for handling large round bales. A 35 - 40 HP tractor would work much better.

/ KUBOTA L245DT #4  
Arbo said:

With a rear 3-point hitch spear, a L245 would move round bales. But it's too small to lift that much weight high enough for stacking with the FEL. With enough balast it might actually do it, if on a dead level smooth paved surface - but it would be beyond its stable limits. As a general guide, a tractor should weigh roughly 4 times as much as whatever you routinely handle with the FEL. Everybody exceeds that now and then, but it gives you a general picture that the L245 is maybe 35% undersized for round bales.