Kubota L2800D Motor Died while in use

/ Kubota L2800D Motor Died while in use #1  

Ruherek

Tractor
several
My L2800D has a problem with fuel starvation due to lack of electric energy going to the Fuel Cutoff Solenoid. I removed the solenoid and started the engine which runs normally with the solenoid removed. I tested the wire connector to the solenoid with the switch on and get no voltage. All fuses checked ok. I don't have a service and parts manual so I can't check the existence of a control relay that might have gone out. The local Kubota dealer tried to help but had not encountered the problem so I need someone's experience in this matter.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L2800D Motor Died while in use #2  
Is it a 3 wire solenoid.. Black is GROUND.. Red is Run{hold}.. White is Start{pull in}
The White gets its hi amps from the starter.. THEN up to the relay.. I THINK its the middle relay.??
There almost 10,000.000 threads & videos on the exact same situation..
Don't get strapped down on your specific mdl.. the info is out there..
Have u posted over on "orange tractor talk".??

/ Kubota L2800D Motor Died while in use #3  
:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to the Kubota section of the forum.

/ Kubota L2800D Motor Died while in use
I got the use of a service manual from a respondent on Orange Tractor Talk and found the key stop solenoid relay. I am getting a replacement tomorrow for this part and will know then if I got it right. Talked to a dealer in another town who declares that the relay has to be replaced from time to time. We'll see.

/ Kubota L2800D Motor Died while in use #5  
On my 2550 the fuel cutoff solenoid is only energized AFTER the key is turned off. The solenoid remains energized for a few seconds after the engine stops then I hear the "click" as it resets to the run position. I did have to replace my timer relay some years ago and had to use the hand pull to shut it down while awaiting the time on release relay.

The 2800D doesn't have a hand pull, wish it did, all electric. The fuel stop solenoid only energizes when the key is turned on and remains on when the motor is running.

I now have the answer to the problem. The OPC Timer, part no. TD060-30500, had gone out. Yesterday I bought a fuel stop relay and the OPC Timer. Tried the relay first with no change. Next I replaced the OPC Timer and that, my friends, solved the problem. I fired up the engine and drove around with no problems detected. I appreciate your interest and hope this will help you if you ever have a similar issue.

/ Kubota L2800D Motor Died while in use #8  
:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing the cure.