Kubota L2950 with backhoe value question.

/ Kubota L2950 with backhoe value question. #1  

kmdigital

Gold Member
There is an auction coming up in several weeks where there is a Kubota L2950 GST with 2560 hours, and LA450A loader. I would greatly appreciate any opinions on its value and also any other things that I should look out for with this model. Are the hours excessive, and how many hours should I be able to expect to get with this type of tractor before an overhaul?

I realize that how something was taken care of is key, and I don't know about this tractor as I haven't seen it yet. The owner was in the landscaping business, so it apparently got a lot of use, but since he made his living with it I hope he also took care of it.

He also has a Kelly model 20 3-point backhoe with a 12" and 15" bucket that he is selling, though not with the tractor. How much is something like this worth?

Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota L2950 with backhoe value question. #2  
Hard to give you a price but here is how I buy equipment at auction. I use percentages. Does the tractor hav 30-40-50 percent of its life left? With a tractor that has that many hours on it I would value it around 40 percent of new value. If it is dented up ---needs tires---leaks oil i would decrease that amount. If it looks great maybee go a little more. We have a skidloader with a kubota diesel in it and it had somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 hours when it needed rebuilt. The hours quit recording around 4,300. Its all in how the piece has been treated and serviced. If you can get a good buy go for it. Just remember you will need to put some extra cash into the machine due to wear etc. Some people take really good care of their equipment and others pound it to death. Hard to say who and how many people actually ran the machine. I have a few kids who are great and other who are really rough---as soon as you turn your back they bang stuff around. Good luck.

/ Kubota L2950 with backhoe value question. #3  
Last summer I traded in a L2900 GST w/ FEL and 6' RFM it had about 450 hrs.,I got $12000 on trade.
Kelly hoes are a cheaper hoe both in price and build so in good shape $2500-3000 around $4500 new.
I don't know about the 2950 but the Grand L series have front ring and pinion trouble (Kubmech had a post on it w/ Kubota serial #s) u should ckeck on the Kubota site.
Kubota repaired it for free up to 5 years and I think around $800 to fix after.