Kubota L3400 SSQA pin problems

/ Kubota L3400 SSQA pin problems #1  

adettman

Tractor
Kubota L3400
Hey, folks.

Wondering if anyone has any insights regarding a problem I'm suddenly having with my SSQA pins.

While pushing some snow around the other day, I noticed that my bucket had a bit more "freedom of movement" on my loader's QA. Upon further inspection, I noticed that neither of the 2 pins were in direct contact with the plate on the back of the bucket. When the handles are fully engaged (i.e. pins should be locked down), there's a healthy gap between the bottom of the pin and where it should sit on the edge of the rectangular hole on the back/bottom of my bucket's QA plate. As a matter of fact, when I load the bucket onto the QA and then crank the handles to lock the pins down, it's as if the pins even lift out of their rectangular holes just a bit at the end of the procedure (if that makes sense).

I've tightened the nuts associated with the springs down an awful lot. Furthermore, I'm not sure those nuts exactly serve to hold that spring in a tensioned state. I compared my tractor's SSQA pin mechanisms to a similar Kubota at work and those nuts don't appear to have much effect on that spring once the pin is in the locked position.

For what it's worth, I've put 2 different implements on my tractor's loader (my bucket and my forks) and both are having the same issue. As such, seems I can rule out a deformed plate on my bucket or something to that effect. Also, I pulled the pins themselves apart thinking I might find that one of the holes had been worn unevenly (i.e. "egged" out) but, from what I can tell, nothing has worn dramatically.

Curious what folks think. Thanks for your time.

/ Kubota L3400 SSQA pin problems #2  
Titan pallet forks were notorious for this kind of loose fit. They face me a partial refund to weld shims over the SSQA on the fork frame so the pins would be tight.

Less likely for the OEM bucket & a 2nd impliment to both have that issue for you though. I often have the opposite problem when snow or dirt gets between the impliment & loader. Can't latch the pins at all then.

/ Kubota L3400 SSQA pin problems #3  
Proper fit of a SSQA plate and implement requires a tight fit, contact fit as no gaps, in 3 places. The black arrows on this picture shows where they are.

P1160941_1.jpg

It seems that it is fairly common to have an ill fit. There are so many variations of tractor and implement. First make sure your bucket is sitting flat against the SSQA plate ( top arrow ). Then if you have a gap between the pin and the bucket or between the angled portion of the bucket mount and the lower angled part of the SSQA plate weld in shims to obtain the proper fit. Pin contact should be well up on the pin not at the tip. The spring just changes the pressure required to tip over the cam type latch when engaging the pin.

gg