Kubota L3430 leaking injector return

/ Kubota L3430 leaking injector return #1  

Todd8665

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430
Warning - I am not necessarily in a hurry to do/attempt this repair so this may take a while.

I noticed a drip coming from the tractor and determined that it was diesel. Further inspection led me to the injector nozzle area as the source. Sprayed each nozzle down with brake parts cleaner and as my luck goes the one that leaks goes to the piston furthest from the cab - the one that is most difficult to see and access. As it's cold here in northern MI I wanted to continue inspection in the garage. So I took off the FEL for easier access and then took off the roof panel in order to fit in the garage door opening :(

I was anticipating/hoping that the leak was coming from the rubber return line attached to the steel return line that daisy chains the nozzles together. I couldn't really see and had no hopes of accessing that area due to the intake manifold to the side and the air conditioning compressor support bracket on top. Instead of removing the compressor and then the compressor bracket I simply removed the bracket - the compressor still attached.

Long story short - now that I could see I determined that the leak was not coming from the rubber return line - but in fact was coming from the area just beneath the steel return line (see Pic).

I've ordered three new aluminum "leak down" crush washers and a gasket for the intake manifold as I think it may have to come off to properly access the nozzle(s).

Thinking about it - I am tempted to cut the steel return line between the middle and last nozzle so that only one nozzle has to be messed with - then splice it back together with some fuel line. There must be some reason they went with a solid line connecting the three?

Question - Does anyone know the torque spec for the nuts on top of the rigid return line?

Attachments

• leak.jpg
    leak.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 43
   / Kubota L3430 leaking injector return
MIke.

Yep, thanks- I ordered all three.