Kubota L3540 rear remote FD valve

/ Kubota L3540 rear remote FD valve #1  

arthurdent

Tractor
Kubota L3540
I just installed a stack of 3 valves on my L3540 with the center one being a FD valve (L8309). When trying to use the FD valve towards the rear, it works smoothly. When I push it forward toward the detent but not in the detent, the tractor labors and the cylinder hooked to that outlet moves very slow. It will lock in the detent just fine and relieve pressure on the cylinder, so that feature seems to work. Is it normal for these valves to be very restrictive toward the FD direction? My other two valves work great. My dealer doesn't have any experience with these. From what I can tell, Kubota allows these valves in the 2nd and 3rd position, and I have mine mounted in the 2nd position. The pictures in the very brief manual always shows the FD valve in the last position. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not. Thanks in advance. I have a Top and Tilt cylinder now, and it is the best thing I have done yet to this tractor.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3540 rear remote FD valve #2  
has your issue been resolved ? L3560 with same issue . as you i installed control valves the same way. starting to think it is
valve stacking issue

/ Kubota L3540 rear remote FD valve #3  
has your issue been resolved ? L3560 with same issue . as you i installed control valves the same way. starting to think it is
valve stacking issue

Typically a detent valve would have no issues working in any location... usually (if not always) stacked valves have no particular need for order.

As an easy check, I would loosen the bolts up that hold the stack and make sure they are torqued to spec.

/ Kubota L3540 rear remote FD valve
I have not solved my issue with that detent valve. I was going to try stacking in the last position, but maybe that won't make a difference. The dealer here seems to think that it is designed that way to prevent a shock when the valve goes to the detent. Not sure if that makes sense to me since the loader float doesn't do that. When I get time this winter, I may take them all off and try and figure out what the real deal is. Thanks for the input. I'll try loosening and then torqueing up the stack bolts as well.

/ Kubota L3540 rear remote FD valve #5  
Odd, my middle remote acts kinda similar. Seems almost like its sticking. If I jam it in one direction or the other quickly the cylinder moved normally.

I have 3:
1- float
2- float
3- d/a

image-1345257255.jpg