Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor

/ Kubota L3560 Paraphernalia Storage on Tractor
What stays on the L3560 evolves.

I have replaced the Milwaukee Sawzall with a set of large loppers, secured by a "GearTie" Loopable Twist Tie from Home Depot.

The loppers work better for me when vines wrap around the wheels. With the Sawzall vines often have to be steadied for the saw blade to cut. Loppers work without steadying. Loppers take less space. Loppers do not need to be electrically charged.

The GearTie is more secure holding items. A couple times the Sawzall snagged something, the bungee stretched, then the Sawzall fell to the floor of the operating station.

I find the Sawzall more useful on my RTV500 in company with two Stihl chainsaws, for trimming tree branches.

Attachments

• DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 376
  • DSC00121.JPG
    DSC00121.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 449
I have had Neodymium magnet-hooks attracted to the rear of the tractor to hold lynch pins for two years, without magnets moving a smidgeon.

I also use one magnet-hook on my RTV500 utility vehicle to hold ear muffs and electronic dog collar control.

VENDERS: rare earth magnets hooks in Fasteners & Hardware | eBay

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_18b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_18b.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 396
  • fullsizeoutput_18a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_18a.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 305
  • fullsizeoutput_189.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_189.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I have an L6060 ROPS. Right now I have to fold the ROPS down to fit it in my temporary barn. Has anyone replaced the factory bolts with pins so you don't have to bolt and unbolt these every time you use it?

The ROPS are made in Kubota plants in Georgia, not Japan. ROPS fittings are inch standard, not metric.

The factory bolt is 5/8" X 16 threads per inch (fine thread). 5/8" bolts are easy to find but are usually 12 tpi, (coarse thread). If you find a 5/8" X 16 tpi thread bolt in your local hardware store it will almost certainly be Grade 8.

5/8" X 16 tpi bolts are always available on eBay.

I replaced the two factory ROPS hinge bolts with 9/16" X 4" clevis pins.

LINK: Clevis Pin Universal 9/16 x 4 LCS ZC (8 Pieces) | eBay

These are perfect length. Hairpin clip goes in hole #2.

After you hit your garage header a couple times, plus a few tree branches, the ROPS will vary a few 1,000s, so the pin holes will not line up.

On the front of the ROPS there is a welded on nut on each side, there so one can insert a bolt as a stop, to line up the ROPS pin holes perfectly. Welded on nuts on the front of the ROPS take 3/8" - 24 thread per inch (fine thread) X 1" bolts to align the ROPS holes. Tight fit the last 1/8", probably due to paint in threads. Turn well lubricated bolts with a wrench the final 1/8" during first insertion.

Tractor Supply Company (TSC) has 3/8" fine thread bolts NOT in the bin section, where 3/8" coarse thread bolts are, but in the Grade 8 drawers, in two-bolt packs.

As stops will seldom be moved I suggest lubricating bolts with anti-seize compound.

Note: One of the "cup holder" type bays on the operator's console has a channel cut on the inner side, so two ROPS bolts will fit in the bay with an inch of the bolts and perpendicular hairpin clips protruding through the channel.

Last edited:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1ba.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1ba.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 176
  • fullsizeoutput_1bb.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1bb.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 172
Last edited: