Kubota L3600 saves the day!

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day!
Good work! I couldn't imagine life without a tractor. Is it just me, or is your tow package bent upward? I'd like to hear that story:D

Chris

You're not far from me then. I'm east of Perry (Haslett). Sounds like you had the same thing happen to you. How about today? I've been plowing on and off all day. Just got home about an hour ago. I take care of my driveway, some friends and family members. I had the day off to work on our new house and take the kids to the dentist. Been a long day LOL. Sippen' on some Gentleman Jack.

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #12  
It's not but it looks like it in that pic. I do have a bent receiver from when I was towing my 21ft car hauler with my 96 F-250 and a kid in an Astro van coming the other way turned right into me causing a head on collision. Threw that van off the road and crunched the front of my truck. I drove it home and eventually fixed it. I had a **** of a time getting the trailer off the hitch, the impact tilted the ball forward about two inches...

I need to throw that thing in the scrap metal pile.

Sorry to hear that! Accidents are never fun. I've been in enough to know. On a different note, I've always loved those Dakota's.

Chris

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #13  
You're not far from me then. I'm east of Perry (Haslett). Sounds like you had the same thing happen to you. How about today? I've been plowing on and off all day. Just got home about an hour ago. I take care of my driveway, some friends and family members. I had the day off to work on our new house and take the kids to the dentist. Been a long day LOL. Sippen' on some Gentleman Jack.

Did you quote the wrong person? I'm not aware of a Haslett WA.

Chris

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day!
Sorry t hear that! Accidents are never fun. I've been in enough to know. On a different note, I've always loved those Dakota's.

Chris
They sure aren't! I lost a lot of money too because that was my plow truck. The durango/dakota is a great little plow rig. V8 power, 9.25 rear axle and easy to maneuver. Mine has the 318 (5.2). That and the bigger 360 are great engines. Can't kill em. The transmissions are kinda crappy. Gotta go easy on them...
PS - I'm a Ford guy and the 318 / 360 remind me of Ford's 302 / 351W. Great engines!

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #16  
Tractors ate invaluable.
I live south of flint had a similar experience. at that point there was about 9" of super wet and heavy snow on the ground. I Parked on the driveway which has a side slope to it.
I Could not move forward or backward only sideways towards the pine tree. the crappy Goodyear All Terrain tires would not bite at the snow. 4wd was useless

I had to get to the buss stop 4 miles away ended up taking the cruze diesel with michelin X-ice tires. which had tons of traction in those conditions

Later the M8540 was used to get the truck unstuck.
View attachment 459155

It's amazing how much traction you get with good snow tires. I'd take my Honda fit with snow tires over any 4wd vehicle with all season (even all-terrain) tires for any snowy conditions. I'm basically only limited by clearance. Once you start plowing snow with the body, it starts to slow down.

/ Kubota L3600 saves the day! #17  
It's amazing how much traction you get with good snow tires. I'd take my Honda fit with snow tires over any 4wd vehicle with all season (even all-terrain) tires for any snowy conditions. I'm basically only limited by clearance. Once you start plowing snow with the body, it starts to slow down.

I agree Snow tires are the way to go.
My old 16" Snow Tires and wheels from my 1996 Z-71 won't clear the larger brakes on the new 2015. The trucks is a lease and i plan on going for a dually next time around so i don't want to drop $1200 on snow tires and wheels for this truck