Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #21  
You have it on yours for what? You list everything you have, have sold and have ordered, what runs off of your rear remotes that you run lines to your loader bucket for?? To run a grapple or a 4 in 1 bucket I would not want to reach to a different location for closing or opening the implement. Joy stick is the only way to go for the front end.

MarkV

ill be running the snow blade right and left swing. the control is just below the bucket lever. and actually, since i didnt want to move the bucket while moving snow, its better. i wont accidental raise or lower the bucket. I fiddled with the Kioti brand 3rd valve when test driving a cab unit that had a 4 in 1 bucket. it was a bit confusing. i had to press a button, wait a few seconds then jog right or left to open the bucket. then i had to release the button (if i remember right) wait a few seconds then jog the handle to tilt the bucket. that didn't seam too easy to do either.

the only other 4 in 1's iv used are on bobcats that use the foot pedal, and on some Cat dozers with foot controls. much easier.

to bad the compacts cant use a foot lever.

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #22  
The W R Long will let you use the clamp at the same time as the curl, some systems use a diverter valve and you can curl or clamp but not at the same time. Having the rear remote plumbed to the front requires you to move your hand down from the joystick to the side of the seat on the L3130 to use the rear remote valve, having to repeat the action several times to collect and clamp a bundle of brush.

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #23  
The W R Long will let you use the clamp at the same time as the curl, some systems use a diverter valve and you can curl or clamp but not at the same time. Having the rear remote plumbed to the front requires you to move your hand down from the joystick to the side of the seat on the L3130 to use the rear remote valve, having to repeat the action several times to collect and clamp a bundle of brush.

David Kb7uns

not familar with the wr long. ill look it up.

but for my snow blade, the lever is right under the loader on my DK45

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit
I fiddled with the Kioti brand 3rd valve when test driving a cab unit that had a 4 in 1 bucket. it was a bit confusing. i had to press a button, wait a few seconds then jog right or left to open the bucket. then i had to release the button (if i remember right) wait a few seconds then jog the handle to tilt the bucket. that didn't seam too easy to do either.

Sounds like that Kioti had a diverter valve and not a true 3rd function valve. Like David said, you can clamp, raise/lower and curl at the same time. What's nice about a true 3rd function valve is that your hand never leaves the joystick.

I chose the Kubota factory version but the W.R. Long will allow you to do the same thing.

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #25  
Rockgod:

I had a Fasse valve setup added to a Kubota L4310HST - to operate a 60" WR Long grapple. Happy with the performance.

Except when the start-up temp. is below ~ 15 deg-F. Then the bucket curl has to wait until the hyd. fluid warms up.

So how does the Kubota 3rd function kit work in cold weather?

Dave

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #26  
The Kubota 3rd valve kit works pretty slick. With a snow plow on the loader the 3rd function buttons allow independent plow angling with no effect on loader lift or curl. No problem with the valve in cold weather or snow. The Kubota setup allows one hand to independently control loader lift, loader curl and 3rd valve function without leaving the stick. You can't control all 3 functions at the same time (at least there seems to be some lag) but for anything I have tried its fine.

/ Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #27  
Here's the Kubota 3rd function valve & connections on my L4240. The dealer installed it before delivery last year. It works great, no problems so far.

Kubota Factory 3rd function
I have a kubota 3rd function valve & connections on my M5140. The dealer installed it on the bare used tractor at the same time he installed the kubota Loader (LA1153) on it. I am installing a grapple next week and I want to plumb it so when I push the kubota loader control Joystick TOP Button it will open the grapple lids and the LOWER Button would close the grapple lids. Does anyone know if there is a standard or uniform way they install the system so the coupling mounted on the loader frame bulkhead are mounted the same on all installations? Example the top coupling in my case it is the Male coupling (see picture I have included) would be the pressurized line when I press the Top Button. I know if I just install the the hoses and couplings to my grapple I have a 50% chance of being right. I am just trying not have to reinstall my couplings and get hyd fluid all over the place. Or can I just reverse a electrical plug at the Joystick area?

I guess what I am trying to ask is here a standard or uniform way the Kubota Factory 3rd Function Install is installed? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• P1010087.JPG
    P1010087.JPG
    784.6 KB · Views: 115
   / Kubota L4240 Factory 3rd function Kit #28  
This might be a long shot in this old thread but do are any of you L4240 owners still around and know the location of a hydraulic line that returns back to the tank? I want to install a valve stack so I can get a couple remotes plus top and tilt. I'm just starting the parts ordering stage. But I can't find a darn return line. It's not on the loader valve because that is bolted right into the case and it's direct dump it looks like. I've located the PB/pressure line that runs from the pump>loader valve>QD to loop in backhoe> and back to 3 pt. But I'll need a line from my valve stack to the tank. any ideas?