Kubota L4400 vs. Montana 4940

/ Kubota L4400 vs. Montana 4940
No, I didn't test the Montana. They may be great machines but I just didn't get a good feeling with the local dealer. Seemed more interested it maximizing the amount of money out of my pocket rather than getting a machine that would work best for me. Seems like he is about 10% higher than other Montana dealers but I really don't like haggling with them. He quoted me a price and that price was too high. I guess he took me for a sucker.

/ Kubota L4400 vs. Montana 4940 #12  
I don't know about price, but I'd consider other things before that.

Like:
Kubota is established, has an excellent reputation, parts network as well as many, many dealers and loyal customers.

Montana has?

I know, you have to start somewhere, I just don't want to be that "somewhere", do you??

/ Kubota L4400 vs. Montana 4940 #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't know about price, but I'd consider other things before that.

Like:
Kubota is established, has an excellent reputation, parts network as well as many, many dealers and loyal customers.

Montana has?

I know, you have to start somewhere, I just don't want to be that "somewhere", do you?? )</font>

Montana 4940 has:

16x16 dully syncro trans w/creeper-std.
FNRshuttle-std.
position w/draft-std.
2 sets remote-std.
skid steer QA loader-std.
Great local dealer and support-(std for Central Texas area)

Tested Kubotas Deeres and Mahindra's. Liked the Montana the most for the price and use. So I guess I'm that "somewhere" buyer.

/ Kubota L4400 vs. Montana 4940 #14  
KB:

"different strokes for different folks"....never heard of Montana before I saw posts here. Tony Montana maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota L4400 vs. Montana 4940 #15  
Thanks for the comments on the Montana 4340. I have been looking at both the Montana 4340 and the 4940 and have been kind of leaning toward the 4340.... everything else equal it seems to be about 3 grand cheaper than the 4940. I can't see much difference between those models other than the 6 horse power. Any opinions from others who have tried or bought either model?

Overall the Montana's seem to be a good product and a heck of a deal for the price. I don't want to spend more than I need to but also don't want to be penny wise and wish I had the extra horse power.