3-Point Hitch Kubota L48 TLB - cheaper alternatives to factory 3-point hitch

/ Kubota L48 TLB - cheaper alternatives to factory 3-point hitch #1  

jgoodma1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060
I have a 2004 Kubota L48 backhoe that I bought used. The backhoe is removable. The machine did not come with the 3-point hitch components. I'm a total rookie tractor mechanic. I want to start using some rear 3-point hitch implements and am trying to figure out a cheaper way to put together a 3-point hitch than having to buy the factory version, which now costs around $1400 for the full setup. I have not been able to find any after-market versions for my machine anywhere. I guess there just are not enough L48's out there to make it worthwhile for someone to make a knock-off. And from what I have read online, the L48 seems to have 3-point hitch components that are unique to it.

I have the diagram for the full 3-point linkage/drawbar/hitch setup and it seems to me that the only really critical factory-supplied parts might be the lift arms. The rest of the components look like they could come from Agri-Supply or Tractor Supply, with maybe some simple modifications where the lifting rods connect to the lift arms. So maybe I have to spring for the expensive lift arms...... but can get away with generic lifting rods, top link, etc. Is that realistic or am I missing something important?

/ Kubota L48 TLB - cheaper alternatives to factory 3-point hitch #2  
The rest of the components look like they could come from Agri-Supply or Tractor Supply, with maybe some simple modifications where the lifting rods connect to the lift arms.

Agrisupply also sells the heim joints so you can weld up your own lift arms. I have purchased them and the vertical lifting links plus stabilizer chains from them in the past. All very reasonable.

I would use at least 1" thick steel, and you can prob pay a weldor if you don't DIY.

/ Kubota L48 TLB - cheaper alternatives to factory 3-point hitch #3  
Keep in mind most of the Kubota connections will be metric thread.