Kubota L4850

/ Kubota L4850 #1  

Iron Brew

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota b2400 SOLD. Now a Massey Ferguson 285
I just purchased a 1992 Kubota L4850. It came with calcium damaged rims. I MIGHT be able to weld them up, however I'd prefer to get new ones. It's the two piece rims. I can find the same size outers (12x28) but the new ones are a loop style while the old ones are some sort of double offset flat surface.

Does anyone have suggestions for aftermarket manufacturers of these rims? Or of a supplier of one piece at a reasonable price? Kubota wants $1600 Canadian each for the rim outers.

Thanks

/ Kubota L4850 #2  
OMG ! Do not pay that kind of prices! I do not think the aftermarket companies are going to offer the cast iron center rear tires for Kubota.
I have seen multiple companies selling steel wheels at farm shows in Ohio and PA. They can certainly be shipped anywhere. You might also want to call around among the salvage companies (where they tear down tractors and sell the parts) such as Wengers of Meyerstown (PA.) Always a chance they might have wheels but probably a long shot.

I bought a 10x24 steel wheel for my MF 2660 2 years ago for $425 which included $55US for UPS shipping from Ag Wheel Express , 425 9th St SE, Box 1842, Mason City Iowa. They have a website at agwheelexpress.com You can do a Google search on tractor wheels of course.

I think Unverferth is one of the larger aftermarket wheel suppliers. Find them by Google search too. They tend to be more expensive than AgWheelExpress. For example Unverferth wants $775 for the wheel I got from AgWheel Express for $425 and MF only wanted $750. Kind of odd pricing there.

AgWheelExpress will paint them your tractor color.

Good luck.

/ Kubota L4850 #3  
Depending on how heavily you will use this tractor, just installing inner tubes might be a way to go. Many rusted rims are still quite strong and safe to use, even if not air-tight. 28" rims & centers are getting rare and ex$pensive.

Last edited: