Buying Advice KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D

/ KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D #11  
I had a few years of experience on a NH before I started to buy a tractor of my own. I was dissapointed to find out that not all of the brands had a joystick like NH. For those that have not used it, it is a real pleasure. The ergonomics, fit and finish are real nice. It is like sitting in a cockpit. You can really tell that the joystick was an integral part of the tractor design.

Anyway, other than that, I found "my" tractor at the Kubota dealer... so you can see I got over the joystick thing.

That sounds really nice.

Any chance you could post a picture of the platform/joystick and all that other ergo stuff.??

When I load myself onto my JD770 I feel like I am leaping hurdles and doing the long jump.!!

/ KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D #12  
Driveway would be child's play for an M59. You'd do that while warming the engine up for some real work. Seriously, one problem with a big machine like the M59 is you need to buy comparably-sized implements to go with it. So, instead of an $800-$1,000 boxblade for doing driveways, like I use on my tractor, you'd want/need something twice as heavy/expensive so it doesn't get torn to pieces behind that behemoth tractor the first time you snag a root or rock that's uncooperative.

Again, if you're serious about moving dirt, gravel, logs, whatever, the M59 is one serious unit. But there will be nothing cheap about getting it and the implements for it. Good news is you can get the attachments bundled into your 0% 60mo financing if bought through the dealer with the tractor.

If you are thinking this is the way to go, try to start checking out the Kub dealers you have around the vicinity. Some are big, multi location outfits, and there are still some mom and pop types out there. Either way, you want one that has experience with the construction grade Kubota's and will back you up with good service. Good dealer means a lot... you are putting complex equipment into heavy duty service... ya gotta allow that something can break or wear... do business with someone who will keep you going.

/ KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D
Driveway would be child's play for an M59. You'd do that while warming the engine up for some real work. Seriously, one problem with a big machine like the M59 is you need to buy comparably-sized implements to go with it. So, instead of an $800-$1,000 boxblade for doing driveways, like I use on my tractor, you'd want/need something twice as heavy/expensive so it doesn't get torn to pieces behind that behemoth tractor the first time you snag a root or rock that's uncooperative.

Again, if you're serious about moving dirt, gravel, logs, whatever, the M59 is one serious unit. But there will be nothing cheap about getting it and the implements for it. Good news is you can get the attachments bundled into your 0% 60mo financing if bought through the dealer with the tractor.

If you are thinking this is the way to go, try to start checking out the Kub dealers you have around the vicinity. Some are big, multi location outfits, and there are still some mom and pop types out there. Either way, you want one that has experience with the construction grade Kubota's and will back you up with good service. Good dealer means a lot... you are putting complex equipment into heavy duty service... ya gotta allow that something can break or wear... do business with someone who will keep you going.

Good to know :D

When I buy stuff, I try to buy it to last me forever and not need to keep upgrading. That's another reason I got drawn to this construction series, it seems a LOT beefier, resell seems pretty good too just less potential end-users if I ever did sell.

Driving tests are next :thumbsup:

/ KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D #14  
If the size is a concern why not consider one of the smaller Kubota TLB's? One other thing to consider is the backhoe removable on a TLB to use 3 pt hitch accessories? Once you get all of you initial work accomplished are you going to wish you had a "regular" tractor for around the house type chores. Have you considered something around the size of a L4240 with the fel and back hoe options?
Just a few thoughts.

/ KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D #17  
As the owner of a TC45, you should buy the Kubota

/ KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D #19  
Care to elaborate :thumbsup:

Every time I do, the post gets removed but we'll try again.

I have 3 new holland tractors.
A TC45DA (cab), a TN75DA (cab) and a L185 SS (cab)

They all have about the same hours on them (+/- 1000hrs) and they are all 2007's (which is funny but true)

By FAR, the TC is in the shop 10x as much for not usual maintenance items. Simply poorly designed, poorly built with poor materials.

A 45hp tractor should be able to handle with no issues 6' implements and yet it can't.

And this is actually the 2nd TC, because the first one was such a lemon, NH bought it back.

The TN and L185 have been more than trouble free and would be purchased again. Never again for a compact NH.

Buy the kubota.

The perfect example for the TC. it's a cab, means it has filtered air and uses both outside and inside air. (just like the TN)
BUT, the TC has no inside air filter (check the parts schematics, not even listed), so any dust that's in the cab (and the cab is nowhere near solidly built, the area around the pedals alone lets in enough air to do this) gets into the air conditioning system. Which then every 100 hours or so, clogs up the condenser and you get no cold air. So, you then take off the roof access panel, remove the cover over the condenser, blow out the area, vacuum out the crap and then wash the fins with water and wash it all down. This lasts about a 100 hours.
All for the lack of a $10 filter in design time. (I've rigged up another filter that blocks the big stuff from getting in, but there's "set size" filter that fits the hole. So it just slows it down, can't stop it). The TN BTW (which doesn't get used in the winter) has never stopped blowing wicked cold air.

I've got many more examples.

/ KUBOTA L5030 or New Holland TC45D #20  
I have an L5030 HST, my neighbor has a TC45. I have used both, and think they are similar enough. I like my HST better than his shuttle shift.