Kubota LA481 Float Problem

/ Kubota LA481 Float Problem #1  

Timbow

Tractor
Kubota L3010GST
Kubota L3010GST LA481 front end loader will not float. I push joy stick fully forward to float position and loader bucket lifts tractor in air. I do not sense a detent nor does lever remain in detent position. Research indicates that I need to remove, clean and lubricate the float control mechanism. I ordered a parts diagram for the control mechanism so that I can get a visual of the parts involved. Are there repair and replacement instructions for the LA 481 FEL control in Kubota shop manual?

/ Kubota LA481 Float Problem
After looking at the components of the mechanism from a Messecks parts diagrams I had a vision of springs and balls flying everywhere. I talked to the local Kubota mechanic and he confirmed my fears that this valve does explode springs and ball bearings. The lowdown is that I can, if I am extremely careful, remove the cap leaving all the internal components intact and in place, clean the cap and then spray the heck out of the internal workings with WD40 which may resolve the problem. If not I will have to pull all the hoses, remove the loader control valve and work on the valve over a clean towel at a clean work bench.

/ Kubota LA481 Float Problem
Brother In Law Frank set following instructions
"Set the bucket on the ground and then push the lever forward in a fast smooth motion.. Just as soon as you get to the end of the forward travel let the handle go. At this point your bucket should be in the float position. If you keep your hand on the lever or push forward to slowly, it will lift the tractor up, just like it痴 supposed to. The detent position on my tractor is not real noticeable either but it works great."
I was not letting go of the lever.