Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking.

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
I have a B7500 with a LA302 loader and the "lift" and "dump" cylinders are leaking. Can someone point me in the direction on some rebuild kits for these cylinders? I checked with my local dealer and he can get the whole cylinder at over 400.00 each. I told him I needed the cylinders not a tractor.lol He told me he could rebuild them for 100 bucks each. Nothing more than some O rings and a few other small parts. If I can buy the kits at a reasonable price I think I can do the rebuild myself. Who has these kits at a good price? Thanks

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #2  
Have you tried Messick's. Maybe a local hyd. repair shop can get them for you.
My Kubota dealer has ordered cylinder kits for me in the past. Not much money either. I think $26 for the PS cylinder.

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #3  
My local NAPA parts store does all types of hydraulic rebuilds. I am sure they sell the parts, although perhaps not in kit form.

Perhaps your local NAPA can provide same.

Last edited:
   / Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #4  
I have always heard that called a packing kit. Be sure you can break the nuts loose that hold it together. They can be tight! If you get it apart you can usually take the seals to a hydraulic shop and they will have seals to make you a packing kit.

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #5  
Do they leak badly?
,,,,The ones [original] on our L2550 drip a little. Have for years. It stays outside and total makeup is no more than I attribute to the auxiliary QC disconnect dribbles. I have better things to do than worry about those minor losses costing me a dollar or so per year.

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #6  
I have a B7500 with a LA302 loader and the "lift" and "dump" cylinders are leaking. Can someone point me in the direction on some rebuild kits for these cylinders? I checked with my local dealer and he can get the whole cylinder at over 400.00 each. I told him I needed the cylinders not a tractor.lol He told me he could rebuild them for 100 bucks each. Nothing more than some O rings and a few other small parts. If I can buy the kits at a reasonable price I think I can do the rebuild myself. Who has these kits at a good price? Thanks

I had a leaking cylinder on my loader a year ago. I checked around for parts, and looked at what it would take to remove the nut without destroying the cylinder. After checking on prices for the parts, and the proper tools, I took the cylinder to my Kubota dealer. They rebuilt the cylinder for about $130, and had it ready to go in just a couple of hours after I dropped it off. Had I done this myself, I might have saved 50 or 75 dollars...but I could have easily screwed it up, and been out $400 for a new cylinder. I am all for fixing things myself, but I also know when to let a pro handle the job. A year later, and it is still working great.

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #7  
I just had 2 of the 3 repaired on my BX2200. I had a local shop do them and they were about $125 ea. On both of them, he did hone the cylinders to repair some minor scratches.

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #8  
If you want to do it the wrong way, then use a big pipe wrench on em. The big ugly grip marks make it more manly!

/ Kubota "Loader" cylinders leaking. #9  
I remember when I rebuilt my front loader cylinders that I took one of each pair of cylinders apart, drained the fluid, then took the cylinder to a hydraulic shop, they found the seal kits for the rams, forgot how much but was kinda inexpensive. Rebuilt my cylinders, bled the air out of the system. Just a messy job.