Kubota MX6000 customizations

/ Kubota MX6000 customizations #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
Some customizations to our new MX6000:

Trailer hitch wiring plug, didn't want to spend $200 on the Kubota trailer plug, only to have to adapt it to our existing trailers.
I found this plug on eBay for $6, plugs right in: 1 2 3 4 6 8 Pin Auto Car Connector Plug Male Female Socket Terminal Set 6.3mm | eBay
IMG_20230519_175735715.jpg

Screenshot_20230519-201922-287.png

I will wire a 4 pin plug into it to match our other tractors, will wire turn signals up and a separate switched power for the running lights so I can control those separately from the tractor lights.

Relay for switched power:
Under the hood by the battery is a empty fuse holder, it has constant power, but the "load" side of the fuse holder is empty:
IMG_20230509_190052718.jpg

Digging online, it appears to be a Yazaki 7114-4122-02 which is available from Mouser ( https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Yazaki/7114412202 ) per the details I found at a Ford Fiesta forum: Fuse Box Info, Custom Circuits, Terminal Part Numbers…No more Fuse Taps!

On the right side under the hood there is a 2 pin plug switched power plug which is used to power the diverter valve (or at least, the install instructions I found for a aftermarket diverter valve plugged into there):
IMG_20230509_192625340.jpg

It looks like this plug will fit: https://www.amazon.com/Connector-waterproof-Female-Suitable-Connection/dp/B08579V5ZJ/
Screenshot_20230519-203931-718.png

How I will put it all together:
I plan to connect a relay into the unused fuse with the new connector and trigger it from the 2 pin connector, then run a wire to the back (off of the LR corner of the seat) and put 4 switches there:
1 for trailer running lights
1 for the front light bar (to be added to the canopy)
1 for the rear light bar (also to be added to the canopy)
1 for a 2 pin plug at the top of the ROPS to plug a strobe into

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / Kubota MX6000 customizations #2  
Maybe you explain why and what you want it to do we can better help. I’ve gotten much more use out of a JD plug than the trailer plug. Come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever used the trailer plug. Trailer plugs are horrible if you have any kind of continuous draw beyond simple lights.

/ Kubota MX6000 customizations
Maybe you explain why and what you want it to do we can better help. I’ve gotten much more use out of a JD plug than the trailer plug. Come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever used the trailer plug. Trailer plugs are horrible if you have any kind of continuous draw beyond simple lights.
Not really looking for help, more documenting as I go along in case anyone else wants to go this route.
What are you referring to as a "JD Plug"?
The plug I will put on the back will be something like this: https://www.amazon.com/CURT-58380-4-Way-Connector-Socket/dp/B001EOYJEE
1684575754740.png

May also put a 7 pin "RV plug" on there as well for the big trailer lights, but that will just be teed off of the 4 pin plug.

As to why:
Lights:
The stock lighting is marginal for working at night (especially with a loader on the front), I often end up cutting or moving hay after dark and want to see where I am going.
Our L3830 has a Nilight 126W 20" bar (from this set: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPHPMQ4 ) facing forward and 2x 27W 4x4 lights facing back (these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECVMOIY/ ) and it needs one more forward facing light that can be aimed to the side (for cutting hay at night)
There is a key switched work light circuit on the MX, but it is fused at 15A (or 180W), that is enough for the worklights on the L3830 on paper, but I want a little more overhead and will be adding at least another 18W.

Trailer plug:
We have haywagons that are setup with a standard "4 pin flat" trailer harness running from end to end for lights and a set of magnetic lights that plugs in at the back (the trailer wiring is stapled onto the wagon frame from end to end and the magnetic lights have a 12" harness on them so you dont have to secure a wiring harness to the trailer every time, just stick the lights to the metal plates on the haywagon frame, plug them in and go), our L3830 has a 4 pin trailer plug spliced in so it has turn signals and a switched power for the running light plug.
The magnetic lights also have a 2 pin plug tied into the running lights to plug a beacon into.

The method to my madness:
I am more or less duplicating/improving on what we already have on the L3830 for our new tractor and trying to keep all modifications "plug in" friendly (ie: no stock wires getting cut if possible, everything off the shelf and duplicateable).

Aaron Z

/ Kubota MX6000 customizations #4  
A 7 round pin (I think tractor trailer) came on my tractor and I made a converter to the 7  flat RV in the hope of having lights and eventually electric brakes.
Most if not all of the pins are dead and I was having trouble finding information. This was years ago when I just gave up. It's not really high on my to do list and I'm hoping to learn something from your project Aaron👍

A 7 round pin (I think tractor trailer) came on my tractor and I made a converter to the 7  flat RV in the hope of having lights and eventually electric brakes.
Most if not all of the pins are dead and I was having trouble finding information. This was years ago when I just gave up. It's not really high on my to do list and I'm hoping to learn something from your project Aaron👍
Having to convert from a $200 plug to something different to use it is one reason why we didn't get the Kubota plug.
The 4 pin trailer plug will get used for sure, the others, time will tell.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota MX6000 customizations #6  
No, I understand what you're doing assuming that you didn't want to equip the tractor with an expensive kubota part and I wasn't making suggestions for you. 👍
I'm just trying to figure out the plug that came on my tractor and how to make it work and what its supposed to do.
If there's any similarities between our two tractors might be helpful to me.
The unused relay by the battery that you mentioned for instance.
Good informative post Aaron!

No, I understand what you're doing assuming that you didn't want to equip the tractor with an expensive kubota part and I wasn't making suggestions for you. 👍
I'm just trying to figure out the plug that came on my tractor and how to make it work and what its supposed to do.
If there's any similarities between our two tractors might be helpful to me.
The unused relay by the battery that you mentioned for instance.
Good informative post Aaron!
Got a picture of the plug?
Edit, from the Messicks parts diagram for the M9540 I bet the same plug could be used:
Screenshot_20230520-131915-179.png

The battery harness looks enough different that the fuse holder probably isn't there.

Aaron Z

Last edited: