Kubota OEM top link bent

/ Kubota OEM top link bent #21  
I have bent them back, especially with that asian steel, it's pretty soft, compared to most of the others...

Straighten it, and you will have a spare.

SR

I agree with bending it back unless it got bent in some useful part of the threaded area. Easy to get it back straight, but if the bend is in the threaded area. I'm betting the threads won't work. Once the rod steel is yielded it stretches. Bending it back stretches it more. The area where it is bent and re-bent will end up having a different (lower) number of threads/inch.

/ Kubota OEM top link bent #22  
lol...now I don't feel so bad. I broke the top link when pulling my first huisache root with the NX.

Sucka just went pop and the root plow dangled like a loose tooth....
Went to local New Holland dealer in Shiner, 45 bucks later got one two inches longer and much beefier.
Back in Biddness......ah the joys of homesteading.....and the things we learn and experience....

oh yeah the root....that culprit did come out.....5 foot plus....but the weight of that NX dug in...and voila'....

/ Kubota OEM top link bent #23  
I've not bent my OEM top link. Five years ago I went with Fit Rite hydraulic top link - never looked back. I'm careful and VERY SELDOM push with an implement on the 3-point. A lot of times pushing will put it in compression and a bend will result.