KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM

/ KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM #1  

ZZZ2D1

Tractor
2005 JOHN DEERE 4115 SOLD - 2014 NEW KUBOTA B2650 - AND - 2011 KUBOTA RTV 1100
Hi All,
I know I saw it on here, saving fluids when changing HST filter's using a Vacuum.
Cannot find the info - can someone please post.

/ KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM #2  
Hook up your shop vac to the hydraulic fill tube and change your filters out. Make sure to top off fluid

/ KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM
There are alot of variables here.
Shop vac HP & 1.5 VS 2.5 on hose size and do you seal it tight around the fill tube.
How do you control and know how much vacuum to control this process?

/ KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM #4  
Use what everone fits best, have helper hold it over fill hole as you change filters, works Great! You'll only loose what's in filters.
DevilDog

/ KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM #5  
ZZZ2D1
You'll have to have mighty powerful shop vac if it can suck oil out of reservoir by hose setting on filler neck with hyd filter loosened.

/ KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM #6  
ZZZ2D1
You'll have to have mighty powerful shop vac if it can suck oil out of reservoir by hose setting on filler neck with hyd filter loosened.

This very much like putting your thumb on a drinking straw to lift water. Without a vent, the fluid drains much slower. Also, like changing engine oil; if you leave the filler cap on, the fluid drains slowly.

/ KUBOTA OIL FILTER CHANGING - SAVING FLUID WITH VACUUM #7  
On mine, a 1.5" shop vac nozzle fits snugly in the filler hole. Loosen the filter, turn on the vacuum, remove the filter and install the new one. Very little fluid lost.

The size of vac doesn't really matter, the air rushing through the suction line between the filter and sump keeps any fluid from draining through the line.

Sean