Kubota Paint

/ Kubota Paint #11  
Kubota has a problem with their made in America stuff. I’ve owned mostly Japanese built tractors but they get the USA built loaders and in a few years I have 2 tone orange. Dealers lot should be embarrassing to Kubota; I know it is to my dealer because I keep pointing it out. Not sure if it is emissions or toxicity of the paints - I’ve gone through this before. At Cat our marketing department surveyed dealers & customers North America, Europe and Japan. USA results were low on finish while Europe and Jaoan expected automotive finish. Consequently our European and a Japanese plants spent a lot more time insuring fit and finish. North American customers getting European built machines would find Bondo smoothing surfaces and ask what we were trying to hide but had no problem with major rust pitting. Not sure if finish reflects the rest of the machine but I spend a lot of time and money keeping my 197 hour GR2120 going while my French built M7 with 589 hours has had only 2 software flashes.

I tend to agree that it is likely due to regulations imposed on manufacturers in the states. Seems to me that whatever California allows or doesn't allow seems to be the way it goes for the rest of us. Perhaps Japan and the EU don't have as stringent requirements.

Fried- I read backhoe but was thinking loader in my head. You are right. Might not be worth compounding a backhoe. Of course a good paint job wont be a walk in the park either.

I will post an update of my tractor paint job when I finish. It has come out exceptionally well with spray cans. Hope it holds up to the sun for a couple of years.