Kubota pistons?

/ Kubota pistons? #1  

dkshooter

I have a l2900 and I 'am rebuilding the motor (it threw the #1 cylinder bearings). Do I need to replace all three pistons or can I just replace the bad one? Do you pull the crank from the rear of the block?

/ Kubota pistons? #2  
The piston might not need to be replaced at all but the rod would need to be. RIngs and bearings from the whole thing and have the crank turned.

/ Kubota pistons?
there is a small peice missing from the skirt on the piston. No scoring on the walls. Do I have to pull all the pistons hone and rering do the mains need replaced?

/ Kubota pistons? #4  
I would take the crank, rod and piston to a engine machine shop and have them check things out. If the insert spun on on the crank it needs to be checked by an expirenced person with the correct measuring tools. They would give you the best advice on how to progress with the rest of the engine.

Dan

/ Kubota pistons?
O.K. I am trying to pull the crank is there a trick for getting the drive pully thru the front of the block?

/ Kubota pistons? #6  
The only Kubota I took apart, I had to take the gear off the front of the crankshaft to get the crank out of the block.

/ Kubota pistons? #7  
Before you make a piston decision you should measure the bore taper. If it is out 0.003" you should consider boring and honeing to next size up, and yes then buy all new pistons. If it is 0.004" taper, then you almost have to go up a size. You'll need to borrow, or rent a bore gauge. If you have it torn down this far, no excuse not to do a good job. The piece missing off the skirt would cause me to go up a size. How many hours on the engine?

/ Kubota pistons?
The hour meter does not work but it says 1250. I took the block to a machine shop so I hope they will bore or hone which ever needs done.