Kubota RTV Tailgate single action release.

/ Kubota RTV Tailgate single action release. #1  

bluecon1

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
One 'pet peeve' I have (oh, I have many ;-)) is that the tailgate on my RTV always requires two hands to unlatch it. Often times I am carrying something when I want to open it, and I always have to set whatever I am carrying down to use two hands to unlatch both sides. Today I drilled a 1/8" hole in each of the latches and ran a stainless steel wire from latch to latch. I added a series of 3/16" bolts along the top of my tailgate as guides and in the middle I have made a small comfortable handle (I may modify that some more). Voila, one hand release now. We'll see how this all works old man winter leaves, but I think it will be fine.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_be28.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_be28.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • fullsizeoutput_be29.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_be29.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • fullsizeoutput_be2a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_be2a.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
   / Kubota RTV Tailgate single action release. #2  
Look like a good solution! What is the cam lock on the left side ?

/ Kubota RTV Tailgate single action release.
Look like a good solution! What is the cam lock on the left side ?
Good question. I am developing a 20 acre property that I hope to build on in the near future. I built ponds and planted trees and seeded. I bought about 100 trees and I was looking for a way to water them while I got all my irrigation set up. Initially, I carried a "cube" in the back of my RTV, and although I didn't fill it very full, it still wasn't a wise solution. I then found a small trailer chasis that I mounted the cube on, along with a gas fired pump. The camloc you see is just to connect the trailer water supply line to the RTV so that I can water trees from the driver's seat. I spent 20 minutes digging for some good pictures, but couldn't find anything decent. Here are a couple to give you an idea. I've modified the layout in the "driver's side" picture quite a bit with PVC piping and gate valves, but this at least gives you an idea of what goes on in my head ;-). I will try and get a few more when I am at the property again.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
  • EE9F8175-AAF1-43E6-ABA2-35D5068A75F0.JPG
    EE9F8175-AAF1-43E6-ABA2-35D5068A75F0.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 36
   / Kubota RTV Tailgate single action release. #4  
Makes perfect sense, good solution. Beautiful place you have there .