Kuhn Tedder tine orientation

/ Kuhn Tedder tine orientation #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
How critical is the orientation of the tines on the KUHN tedder. While doing a service yesterday I noticed a sticker that showed the proper spring orientation on the arms. I have several reversed. Does a good job as is, but I am curious. I am going to switch them around before the second tedding this afternoon. It appears they are more flexible in one direction and stiffer in the other.

/ Kuhn Tedder tine orientation #2  
Memory is fuzzy, but I thought depending on the model of Kuhn, some use left hand tines and some used right hand tines. I know some of them use the same tine on LH and RH rotors like the GF22N I run. Measure the length of the tines and see if both sides are the same (longer would be on outside) Otherwise they should be on as directed, I would think backwards means the spring won't give the right way if the tine hits something solid.

/ Kuhn Tedder tine orientation
I have a 222T and tines are the same on both sides. I did switch a few around and did see a slight difference in the throw pattern for the better. I'm still learning and set it this time to just touch the uncut grass below (I cut 2" high for regrowth) and learned to vary the speed for conditions - Fast for heavy and a bit slower in the light stuff. Thanks for the thoughts.

And I did find the information in the owners manual once I dug into it. :confused3::D On edit som photos of the sticker, the corrected tine and the field results.
0917161224.jpg0917161224a.jpg0917161139a.jpg

Last edited: