KX41 Mini Excavator Cooling Hoses

/ KX41 Mini Excavator Cooling Hoses #1  

aesmith

Silver Member
Tractor
Siromer 304 (Y385T)
Hi,

This is a KX41 1.5 ton excavator, probably mid'90s with D1105 engine. Mice have eaten some of the cooling hoses, which are seriously inaccessible. One is the hose part 060 which seems to be identified as "HOSE DRAIN" in the KH parts list. This hose connects to a block 080 and another hose 050/060 which goes to the side of the engine block, this hose also called "HOSE DRAIN". The block that they connect to, 080 looks like it may be only there to provide a convenient drain point from engine and radiator.

So my question, since these hoses are damaged an look a right pain to access, or to source replacements, could I just put a bit or ordinary cooling hose from the spigot on the radiator to the spigot on the side of the engine, or would this mess up the cooling circulation in some way. Or could I just blank off the two spigots?

Thanks, Tony S

Hoses Screenshot_36.png

/ KX41 Mini Excavator Cooling Hoses #2  
My guess is that if they were not needed they would not be there to begin with.

You might also post your question at OTT and the heavy equipment forum which is a different site. Sorry don’t have links handy, but a web search should turn them up easily.

/ KX41 Mini Excavator Cooling Hoses
My guess is that if they were not needed they would not be there to begin with.
That's my concern. As far as I can see they are there to allow radiator and block to be drained from a single point, but I cant tell whether they serve any purpose while the engine is running.

That would be an argument in favour of linking the two points with a single hose, that keeps the water path intact.

/ KX41 Mini Excavator Cooling Hoses #4  
It could be there for in cab heat or to get air out of the system. With out seeing a better picture it's really hard to tell.

/ KX41 Mini Excavator Cooling Hoses
Not that easy to get pictures as its all quite crowded. The mouse hose connects o a spigot at the bottom left of the radiator ..
Radiator Drain Screenshot_36.png

The other connects to the engine block low between oil filter and alternator. The two hoses the route down under the radiator to the drain block (080)
Engine Drain Screenshot_36.png