Tractor
JD 4300 w/ FEL
My dad has a JDL110 new last year.
-took battery out last fall
-put battery back yesterday
-No power to L110
-bought new battery today and installed it
-still no power
My question, is there a switch he has to hit before powering up battery? Is there a secret? He doesn't have owner's manual

/ L110 question #2  
Well, it's unlikely it's the battery after one year in any case.

I would try the owner's manual and look at all the things you have to do to start the tractor. Put it in Nutral, PTO in off position, apply the brake, sit in the seat, etc. There are several safety things that may be the problem.

If following the directions specified in the manual doesn't work, then I'd try the seat safety switch first -- flip the seat up and test the switch. It may be bad or not quite plunging far enough.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Cliff

/ L110 question
I took a fuse over to check that along with all you mentioned........... JD dealer picked it up 15 minutes before I got there. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I'll let you know when they call him. Thanks again!

/ L110 question
They said the posts were corroded??? On a year old machine that stays in side?? He never mows in the rain or when it is wet.
Enough to not let power get through? Oh well. I wasn't there when he hooked up the battery, but I could see it after it was hooked up. Looked perfect to me.
What do you do.....but pay the bill and be thankful it is working. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ L110 question #7  
You may want to check what else is stored near that machine or in the same garage. I have a friend that stored his pool chemicals in a building with other things and realized too late that everything was falling apart and that the pool chemicals were the culprit. Fertalizer stored too close will have the same affect.

I've had real good luck with JD batteries and the connections.

Just a thought.
Cliff

/ L110 question
Great thought! Thanks Cliff. I never thought about checking the area around the battery and mower. I know he has fertilizer in his shed.
Thanks again,

Les