L2501 hydraulics

/ L2501 hydraulics #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
Last weekend I was surprised to see that a hydraulic line had not been tightened well enough on my new tractor and fluid was escaping. It was a line down under the BX77 backhoe that was installed.

I dont know how much fluid was lost, seems like hydraulics are weaker though now and Im assuming my level is low, looking in tractor operators manual I dont see any mention of where to check the level, Im assuming its not the same as the transmission oil level. ( I have a manual trans )

I will continue to look in both my loader manual and my backhoe manual but I figured I would ask here in the meantime.

Im assuming hydraulic jack oil fluid will work? Ive got plenty of that.

Anyone know of a one stop source for an easy explanation with diagrams of different things I should be doing to maintain the tractor/loader/backhoe?

Tractor manual shows only a couple of grease points at 50 hrs that need service, hard to believe theres not more on the tractor itself?

Thanks

/ L2501 hydraulics #2  
It is the same as the transmission sight glass. The sight glass for it is on the left side of the tractor below the dash. It is a little round window and you should be able to see it in the window. Kubota uses udt or super Udt. There are probably a few suggestions on other types of fluid that will work but I don’t think hydraulic jack fluid will.

/ L2501 hydraulics
It is the same as the transmission sight glass. The sight glass for it is on the left side of the tractor below the dash. It is a little round window and you should be able to see it in the window. Kubota uses udt or super Udt. There are probably a few suggestions on other types of fluid that will work but I don’t think hydraulic jack fluid will.

My manuals show two different versions of checking the level, one is the sight glass that you mentioned and one is a dipstick, the tractor is not anywhere near me so Im not sure what I have. Thanks

/ L2501 hydraulics
What are you guys using to grease your tractors with, I need a part number of something avail at Napa that will suffice for the entire tractor if possible? Im assuming the Kubota grease is big money and something just as suitable is avail?

Ok looks like lithium moly grease avail at tractor supply sounds the most accessible

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/99746-best-grease-new-kubota-2.html

Traveller Extreme Duty 3% Moly Lithium Complex NLGI #2 Grease, 14 oz. Cartridge at Tractor Supply Co.

Looks like the Kubota grease really isnt that much more Kubota: 14oz High-Performance Polyurea Multi-Purpose Grease, Part # 7-1:p1

/ L2501 hydraulics #5  
Your owner's manual will say what kind of tractor fluid to use and what kind of grease. The tractor fluid is probably UDT or Super UDT. Don't cheap out and use cheap generic stuff from Tractor Supply, or even worse, plain hydraulic fluid. Some types of grease are incompatible. You should stick with the same type (i.e. polyurea or lithium) as is recommended.

/ L2501 hydraulics
I will do that. Thanks